UFC 156 talk

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
there's only 2 fights left:lol1: but i had to make this thread just to say SUCK A DICK, OVEREEM! overrated, cocky, roided up, douchebag mother****er just got KNOCKED. THE. ****. OUT.
where are the nutswingers at? he faces a truly top level HW instead of a bunch of record inflating cans and his glass jaw shows up once again:kaboom:

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
loved every second of the reem taking those blows from bigfoot. i still think guys like dos santos and velasquez are on a different planet than bigfoot, though.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
yea, i don't know if i've ever been so happy about the outcome of an MMA fight, that was absolutely perfect! i initially didn't like overeem just because he had the biggest, loudest bandwagon of nutswingers when he was on his can crushing streak, then i heard him do some interviews and he really is a cocky asshole, lol.

looks like mediocre rashad has shown up again. i think his record betrays his quality as a fighter, he's extraordinarily hot/cold. he looks great, say, against tito, and he looked like absolute dogshit against rampage(and jackson did as well in that fight). his striking is purely mediocre, but he thinks he's a top level boxer just because he carries heavy hands and has gotten some KOs. he certainly still has a punchers chance, but little nog is just tooling him on the feet.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
silva / reem should've been the co-main event... evans' fight nearly put me to sleep.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
:lol:and rashad for the lose! little nog is good, but a top 5 fighter shouldn't be losing to him at this point in his career IMO. if evans didn't believe he was a world class elite top level boxing champion and actually committed to those take downs(and went for more), i think he could've won that.

loved every second of the reem taking those blows from bigfoot. i still think guys like dos santos and velasquez are on a different planet than bigfoot, though.
bigfoot certainly has the strength, and i believe he has the skills, but he's lacking in speed, and i believe his biggest problem is mental. he just goes into fights really cold and doesn't look confident at all. he really looked like he was scared of overeem for the first round and a half. he was standing right in front of him, but he wouldn't engage at all. he's simply not gonna be able to hang with these top level striking monsters(JDS and cain in particular) with that approach at the beginning of his fights, he's gotta be more aggressive, more willing to initiate instead of waiting for his opponent to do so.

I didnt see that KO coming. Reem got to cocky and paid for it.
what made me laugh is he was ****ing GASSED going into that round, when he really didn't do much in that fight! it's like when he fought werdum in strikeforce(in that RIDICULOUS match), he was absolutely gassed going into that 3rd round when he almost literally did absolutely NOTHING in that match. he was out struck by werdum for ****s sake!

20redfire03

Established Member
Yea the Rashad/ Lil Nog fight was boring and Rashad would pose no risk to Silva at 185. This fight card looked amazing on paper but hasn't really been to good in my eyes. I'd like to see Edgar pull off a win but Aldo is damn near unstoppable.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what do you guys think about edgar/aldo? consensus seems to be split, and that it should be a good fight, but i simply don't see edgar being able to hang with aldo at all. he's not gonna have that speed advantage that he had at 155, and aldo is a better striker than possibly every lightweight(which is saying something!). i just don't see edgar not getting KO'd.
aldo has not looked impressive off of his back though, so edgar could certainly win this fight sonnen style - take him down and keep him down at the beginning of every round, for the entirety of every round. if he can get take downs(and aldo has KILLER take down defense), then he has a real shot. i just don't see it happening though, no way edgar is a better wrestler than chad mendes.

silva / reem should've been the co-main event... evans' fight nearly put me to sleep.
yea, i don't know why it wasn't. it's certainly a higher profile fight.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Yea the Rashad/ Lil Nog fight was boring and Rashad would pose no risk to Silva at 185. This fight card looked amazing on paper but hasn't really been to good in my eyes. I'd like to see Edgar pull off a win but Aldo is damn near unstoppable.
yea, the prelims were KILLER, but this main card has been very hot/cold.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
aldo clearly winning this, but MAN is frankie's footwork GOOD! i can't believe he let aldo off the hook on that take down though, he needed that badly.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
to be the champ, you have to BEAT the champ... edgar did good to hang with him, though.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
aldo DEFINITELY won that fight, but i agree with joe, it should've been 48-47 across the board. edgar won those last 2 rounds without a doubt.
and it's just amazing how edgar can keep that pace and seemingly not tire. that just shouldn't be possible.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
aldo DEFINITELY won that fight, but i agree with joe, it should've been 48-47 across the board. edgar won those last 2 rounds without a doubt.
and it's just amazing how edgar can keep that pace and seemingly not tire. that just shouldn't be possible.

edgar has inhuman cardio. can't believe it sometimes... my heart would explode at his pace.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
bigfoot-knockout-overeem.gif

160570320.jpg

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread