UFC 94 GSP cheated!

zo6this

Established Member
Even if him cheating didnt affect the out come of the fight he should be punished for this. It is illegal to do and gsp could have told his corner man not to put the Vaseline on his chest. Doesnt make for a champion in my book if you gotta do stuff like this to win. Apparently he did it to matt Serra in there 2nd fight also. I think he should get booted out of the ufc or get his title taken away from him.

Did GSP's corner cheat to give him an edge? - MMA Experts Blog - Mixed Martial Arts - Yahoo! Sports

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Not saying that GSP is or isnt a better fighter then BJ, but BJ tried numerous times to get his legs around his head when GSP had him in half guard, and GSP continuously slipped out of it somehow- Interesting!

zo6this

Established Member
Not saying that GSP is or isnt a better fighter then BJ, but BJ tried numerous times to get his legs around his head when GSP had him in half guard, and GSP continuously slipped out of it somehow- Interesting!

haha I know what your saying.

zo6this

Established Member
Either way, BJ would have got his ass stomped

So either way its ok to cheat is what your saying? He has done it before and obviously he did it again. Whats to say it wont happen again? In a fight that could be decieded by him cheating or not.

T76 Mach

Established Member
If he didnt pound him stupid I would agree with this but ask BJ Penn to do a rematch today cause there was talk of GSP cheating and watch BJ stand down.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member

Joe Rogan made the comment during the fight how slippery GSP was and when Penn was fighting from his back Penn's legs kept slipping off of GSP as he was trying differnet moves. GSP was not going to fight this one standing up. And he was more than willing to take it to the ground.

From the local paper.......

Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, said an inspector assigned to monitor St. Pierre's corner noticed after the first round that one of the cornermen applied the substance to the fighter's face and then rubbed his shoulders.

"Whether it was intentional or not, it was improper to do so," Kizer said Monday.

Kizer said he saw a similar action after the second round and shouted to the corner to wipe it off. His commands could not be heard over the roar of the crowd, so he hastily and emphatically entered the octagon to make sure the Vaseline was rubbed off St. Pierre.

A slippery fighter is harder to control, making positioning and certain submission attempts much more difficult.

"This doesn't necessarily take away his victory, but it takes away from his victory, and that's unfortunate," Kizer said, adding that he spoke with St. Pierre's camp immediately after the fight. "I told them unfortunately, because of their actions, they have probably tarnished St. Pierre's victory in the eyes of the fans."

Kizer said he was informed Monday that Penn had complained during the fight that St. Pierre was slick.

VPF

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Not a fan of cheating. If GSP is a better technical fighter he should use THAT to his advantage. If he did indeed use vasaline or other substance that's a bigtime bitch move on his part.:nonono:

Punk ass GSP FTMFL:bash:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Eitherway he would have won... I say they fire the guy who put the Vaseline on him...Not GSP.

He isnt going anywhere anyways. I'm sure he would be more than happy to beat BJ Penn again in another fight to clear thing up. If Penn wants too... Which I think he doesnt.

Last edited:

zo6this

Established Member
If he didnt pound him stupid I would agree with this but ask BJ Penn to do a rematch today cause there was talk of GSP cheating and watch BJ stand down.

Yea but why was gsp on the ground the whole time if it didnt matter? It would be different if he knocked him out on a stand up game. But being on the ground where submissions are most common it does have some affect. Im not sticking up for penn which can i say looked like crap on saturday and the worst penn I had even seen but cheating is cheating no matter what way you look at it. And Thiago Alves well put gsp in his place its only a matter of time.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
He was on the ground the whole time because he was being dominated... GSP did whatever the hell he wanted to him.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Interesting. I don't think they should take the title from him or anything though. BJ didn't even look like he wanted to be there that night let alone fight.

Blown02

Established Member
GSP wooped that ass. I saw the pictures of the guy resting his hands on gsp's shoulder.. did he really rub the vaseline in? seems like a stupid move since so many people are watching.. are they just blowing this out of proportion, did the guy really just rest his hands on gsps shoulders?

Fat-cat

Established Member
haha I know what your saying.

Sounds to me like you have no idea what you are talking about. The Corner Ref was there wiping him down between rounds. It was known that he as lubed up a bit and it was only one round it happened for. BJ got 1 attempt at the triangle and it was not even close. BJ is an awesome fighter but was out classed by a bigger better GSP.

Yes its wrong that he got some on his shoulder ... where did you get this chest bull shit i watched the vid and it was just his shoulder.. anyway .. it would not have mattered Dana white said it would not have mattered BJ got worked.

JoePac

Established Member
Even if him cheating didnt affect the out come of the fight he should be punished for this. It is illegal to do and gsp could have told his corner man not to put the Vaseline on his chest. Doesnt make for a champion in my book if you gotta do stuff like this to win. Apparently he did it to matt Serra in there 2nd fight also. I think he should get booted out of the ufc or get his title taken away from him.

Did GSP's corner cheat to give him an edge? - MMA Experts Blog - Mixed Martial Arts - Yahoo! Sports[/QUOTE

To OP.....:loser: Get a life USP beat the sh@t out of Penn!!!Cheater:lol: Yea he would have lost if not for the vaseline that I saw wiped off.

Last edited:

zo6this

Established Member
To OP.....:loser: Get a life USP beat the sh@t out of Penn!!![/QUOTE]

Ok I will get a life, and you can get some spelling lessons:lol:. Never heard of USP?

JoePac

Established Member
To OP.....:loser: Get a life USP beat the sh@t out of Penn!!!

Ok I will get a life, and you can get some spelling lessons:lol:. Never heard of USP?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Just like the fight finding little reasons to make a point where their is no point. He got his ass stomped and your ass is a clown.:lol:

zo6this

Established Member
Ok I will get a life, and you can get some spelling lessons:lol:. Never heard of USP?

:lol: Just like the fight finding little reasons to make a point where their is no point. He got his ass stomped and your ass is a clown.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow im getting made fun of by the guy with the 2nd grade spelling. That means a whole lot to me :lol:. We know who the real gsp lovers are or should I say usp right? haha

JoePac

Established Member
:lol: Just like the fight finding little reasons to make a point where their is no point. He got his ass stomped and your ass is a clown.:lol:

Wow im getting made fun of by the guy with the 2nd grade spelling. That means a whole lot to me :lol:. We know who the real gsp lovers are or should I say usp right? haha[/QUOTE]

Okay,Tuff Guy!!!! Don't want to get you mad you will start e- thuggung me.:lol:
Back to the fight "NO LIFE" Penn got his ass stomped just like your thread.:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread