uhm....WOW!! Red Line D4

f4sfed

Established Member
HOLE SHITE!!!

I REALLY thought everyone was just imagining a difference after changing the trans fluid. I just changed mine! <refer to first line of message>. I put in Red Line D4, at Cobra'03's suggestion.

I can NOT believe how different it feels! ...by the way, different = better.

Three cheers to Cobra'03! :beer: :beer: :beer:

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
Do you drive yours everyday? The reason why I am asking is that I don't drive mine everyday and mine sits for atleast 3 to 4 days before driving it again and when I do drive it; I noticed that it is hard to put it in gear when changing gears at acceleration; however, I used Royal Purple. I have to say when it warms up to normal temperature, she shifts smoother than a baby's butt. LOL
I wonder why mine is hard to shift when cold? It never done it until I changed the fluid? Just in case someone asks; mine took 4 quarts. Any suggestions?
:shrug:

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGray03
Do you drive yours everyday? The reason why I am asking is that I don't drive mine everyday and mine sits for atleast 3 to 4 days before driving it again and when I do drive it; I noticed that it is hard to put it in gear when changing gears at acceleration; however, I used Royal Purple. I have to say when it warms up to normal temperature, she shifts smoother than a baby's butt. LOL
I wonder why mine is hard to shift when cold? It never done it until I changed the fluid? Just in case someone asks; mine took 4 quarts. Any suggestions?
:shrug:

Yes, I drive mine everyday.

I actually had Royal Purple fluid in my garage, waiting for a warm day to put it in.

However, after reading the information from Cobra'03, and asking Royal Purple for their information (basically it turns out that what Cobra'03 said happened to me too! [that being, they weren't forthcoming with information]), I ended up returning it and ordering Red Line D4.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
SWEET. Mine has been rolling around in the trunk since xmas. Now if I could just get some free time.... :cuss:

jason

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
That is what I am asking? The temperatures here in TN are between 26 to 36 in the mornings and in the highs of 46, and I always had to do something earlier in the mornings than the evenings, so would the same symptoms occur if the stock or Redline fluids were in our tranny's?

f4sfed

Established Member
It should be getting colder here, over the next few days. So I'll keep you posted.

127bull

Established Member
O.K. I know this is probably an elementary question but what is the difference in mtf and atf. Shouldn't we use mtf in a manual transmission car?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Point of fact: most of the manual transmission'd cars made in the last 8 years have NOT used manual tran fluid. It has either been ATF or motor oil!

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by Snakin 69
Can I ask wherre you got the Redline D4?
Seems to be hard to get here in CA.

I got it from Summit Racing. Do a search for their part number RED-30505. That's what I ordered. ...I got the gallon jug, btw.

127bull

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Point of fact: most of the manual transmission'd cars made in the last 8 years have NOT used manual tran fluid. It has either been ATF or motor oil!
O.K. so what is the diff and would mtf still be better, if not why do they even make it anymore? Just wondering cause I a changing mine as soon as I figure out what I want to use.

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by 127bull
O.K. so what is the diff and would mtf still be better, if not why do they even make it anymore? Just wondering cause I a changing mine as soon as I figure out what I want to use.

Dexron type ATF is what's recommended.

Don't bother trying to figure it out......Red Line D4. If you're still not a believer, search for the oil and the user id Cobra'03.

Users who are viewing this thread