Umm.. Hellion makes 1,194WHP on 2018 Mustang GT - Stock Block.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You act like making big power on stock coyote block is hard? This isn't the only one that has broke into the 1000rwhp... and PLENTY running 800-900 effortlessly. Still not impressed though i'm sure. I'm willing to bet the A10 would go before the block.

Making the power is the easy part, Coyote flows damn well, it is also well known what happens when you push the Coyote block over 800. These guys make their hero run and Joe Blow does the same and then the crying begins or drops off the radar and all the guys wonder whatever happened to Joe?

It is really the same old story, a few guys beat on their stock 3V's at 550 RWHP all day every day and a lot of guys popped their rods at 450.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Not impressed.

Motor is 5x weaker than cobra TERMI motor.

Meh

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It will be interesting to see how long this motor last. The termi motor is stronger but still not perfect. To hold that power it still needs to be built up. As far as I know the only thing weaker on the Coyote motor verse the 03/04 motor is the rods and pistons. If you are going to run 1200 hp, then your going to need to build the motor no matter what.

RLB01

Established Member
Crazy power, don't think the a10 will last very long behind that.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'd love to hear what all the experts in this thread have built/driven/owned that even make half of what this car has put down.

Well done hellion, ford and everybody else involved in building this car!

900 RWHP 3V and I actually built 2 motors since I didn't spec the wrist pins strong enough in the first motor and decided I wanted more. My point of view is make all the power you want, just be aware of the consequences.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
These are popcorn threads.. acting like its hard to make lots of power out of the technology advances in today. They kind of plan on people modding these things so its not a surprise stoutness comes factory in a lot of cases. Give me a 1200 whp out of hypereutectic pistons and show it lasting more then one pull would be more entertaining. Guess what, surprise! 1194hp Coyote! Special isn't special anymore, that all died with real cars when BB's and small blocks were actually different o_O

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
These are popcorn threads.. acting like its hard to make lots of power out of the technology advances in today. They kind of plan on people modding these things so its not a surprise stoutness comes factory in a lot of cases. Give me a 1200 whp out of hypereutectic pistons and show it lasting more then one pull would be more entertaining. Guess what, surprise! 1194hp Coyote! Special isn't special anymore, that all died with real cars when BB's and small blocks were actually different o_O

Oh brother

Back to your vinyl records :D

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It will be interesting to see how long this motor last. The termi motor is stronger but still not perfect. To hold that power it still needs to be built up. As far as I know the only thing weaker on the Coyote motor verse the 03/04 motor is the rods and pistons. If you are going to run 1200 hp, then your going to need to build the motor no matter what.

15 plus got road runner rods I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
15 plus got road runner rods I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct and I’m yet to see a well documented rod failure on one.

A Ford rep (shame on me I don’t remember who) has been quoted as saying they are the strongest rods ever put in a high volume motor.

Don’t know if I believe that given the Manley’s in the Cobra but it certainly illustrates how strong the gen 2+ coyote is if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread