underhood heat

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Is it just me or does anyone else experience nearly unbearable heat when they open their hood? I can barely touch the prop rod.

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
Yeah I was seeing that last week...I was sitting in traffic because there was a major accident and i looked at my inlet air it said 147-149 :burn: I was like wtf but don't know if that's normal and it was 11 at night or 12

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah I was seeing that last week...I was sitting in traffic because there was a major accident and i looked at my inlet air it said 147-149 :burn: I was like wtf but don't know if that's normal and it was 11 at night or 12
Welcome to Texas, you must be new here. :lol1:

These motors run hot. Everyone pretty much knows that. Main reason why MMR developed the #8 cooling mod.

To avoid getting burnt on your prop rod, get some MMD or Redline Tuning hood struts to solve that problem. :D

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
Welcome to Texas, you must be new here. :lol1:

These motors run hot. Everyone pretty much knows that. Main reason why MMR developed the #8 cooling mod.

To avoid getting burnt on your prop rod, get some MMD or Redline Tuning hood struts to solve that problem. :D

Lol nah bud was born and raised in Texas from the Deep South the RGV or aka The Valley and do you have a link on this cooling mod I'm new to the 5ohh

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Lol nah bud was born and raised in Texas from the Deep South the RGV or aka The Valley and do you have a link on this cooling mod I'm new to the 5ohh

I would have to dig through the 2011-2014 forum to find the thread they posted about it.

It isn't exactly an easy mod, as you have to basically remove the passenger side head to do it.

Hope y'all aren't burnt to a crisp yet down there with those crazy hot days you've been having. We haven't hit 100 yet here in DFW, so I'm enjoying it while I can. Haha

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
I would have to dig through the 2011-2014 forum to find the thread they posted about it.

It isn't exactly an easy mod, as you have to basically remove the passenger side head to do it.

Hope y'all aren't burnt to a crisp yet down there with those crazy hot days you've been having. We haven't hit 100 yet here in DFW, so I'm enjoying it while I can. Haha

I know it's been crazy hot but you and me both know in Texas it can rain,snow,get hot,and freeze in one day lmao but right know I'm not home I've been throwing pipeline in cotulla and Kenedy so I don't enjoy my stangs to much :(

Users who are viewing this thread