Underhood Refinish!

evers86

Established Member
Did you end up getting the coupling from fastnel? and if you ever get a chance can you post up a closer picture of the work?

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Did you end up getting the coupling from fastnel? and if you ever get a chance can you post up a closer picture of the work?

This is the only shot I have as I was doing more thinking and troubleshooting and dropped the ball with the camera. Anymore questions PM me and I can help further. Several have called me with the same issue. Seems to be very common, so like I suggested earlier in the thread to clean up the threading on the studs with a wire brush before backing off the nut or tightening. The added crank pressure will increase your chances of snapping an already too small, cheap white metal stud.

DSC07628-2_zps4bc793c2.jpg

Fantastic job op !!!!!

Thank you sir!

mrose75

Established Member
Looks like it came out great! Glad to see you get it finished up! :thumbsup:

I remember you doing a thread on this a few years back. I think I had bookmarked it. I was going to do this when I finally caved and took of my hood blanket. Bought the DSG paint in the rattle can and all. Just never got around to it. And now with the OP breaking a bolt, I have more reason not to do it.

Looks good OP!:beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I remember you doing a thread on this a few years back. I think I had bookmarked it. I was going to do this when I finally caved and took of my hood blanket. Bought the DSG paint in the rattle can and all. Just never got around to it. And now with the OP breaking a bolt, I have more reason not to do it.

Looks good OP!:beer:

I agree. I have been planning on doing mine for several years now, but after reading so many stories of people snapping those cheap studs, I have just put it off. I have been thinking about doing this again lately, but I'm waiting for the pollen season to die down a bit first. I actually plan to do mine in place, as I'm fairly confident that it will come out perfect, just take a bunch more covering and prep on the car itself to ensure that it doesn't get any overspray. If I'm not mistaken, I remember reading a thread Kevin made several years back and he did his in place too. If I do decide to remove it, though, I will run a die over the exposed threads, or brush them well to get the paint removed first as the OP suggested.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread