Uneven wheel gap question

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
My passenger side front wheel gap is 1/4"larger then the driver side...I've tried swapping springs...then springs and struts...lower control arms are brand new....tire pressure identical...i have k springs and was thinking of cutting a little off the passenger side spring to even it out....would love coil overs but NYC street would have those leaking in a week.....would cutting a little bit of the spring be stupid? Thanks

Nuar

Established Member
Do you keep checking the wheel gap in the same location?
Might be uneven surface that you park the car on.
Could also be that the suspension is getting more of a workout on the driver side if you're a heavy set fella :p haha j/k

I would NOT cut the coils if that was my car

mnewxcv

Established Member
dont cut the spring. maybe a diet though? lol depending how much you weigh the drivers side could sag more over time.... just saying.

cuzracecar

Established Member
Mine did this after my spring swap but settled even after about 2weeks... cars not a dd only a weekend cruiser but if ur cars a dd im sure it will settle faster

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
Lol well I swap the struts from side to side and I measured on a few different surfaces...the springs were installed in December and I don't daily drive it but I have been out of state a few times since install...I weigh 170lbs lol

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Every S197 car I have installed suspension parts on never sat even on all sides. A 1/4" difference is common. Forget about it and worry about other things. You will never correct for this.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Mine is a little less than 1/4'' off w/ both Eibach Pro Springs and BMR. FYI

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
my h&r super sports are pretty close to even.
maybe it's because your car is so short.....(LOL sig)

Users who are viewing this thread