unhappy dyno tune numbers for the mach

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
So i got a dyno tune done last week on the ole gal and im not too happy with the numbers received 306/320. The graph looks pretty weird too. On the top end, the car seems to fall on its face around 5200. My understanding is the knock sensors are to blame but he told me he turned down the sensitivity on them.

Power mods are: kooks headers with offroad x, orangeblast ported intake mani, accufab tb and c&l intake
Timing was set pretty conservative at 25* and it was pretty hot n humid that day in Houston.

Does anyone have a dyno graph of their bolt on 4v and some know-how on this topic?

Dyno graph attached... dyno clean.png

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
They're just numbers, sometimes it just works out that you get tuned on a shitty day. It's happened to me before, as long as the car runs better I wouldn't worry about it

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
It's not the peak numbers I'm worried about. It's how the graph looks. Very weird how it dips and stays very flat around 6k

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Yes, you have a reason to be concerned. That is not a healthy dyno graph for a mach with long tubes. What fuel were you using? Find out how much timing was being pulled by the knock sensors and get the air/fuel ratio plot from the tuner. On a hot humid day, the intake can heatsoak and the engine will knock from high iat's. If the power is dropping off due to knock and the a/f ratio was tuned with the engine knocking, the a/f ratio will be off when the car is not knocking. I would find a different tuner. Don't know how the car could leave the shop with a final dyno pull that looks like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread