University of Maryland Spring Meet FOR CHARITY - April 26th, 2009

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Your car is apart?????

Not yet...but it's getting taken apart VERY soon.

not yet, but you don't go 13's in a KB car making 600rwhp unless something is wrong.

No kidding. I admit that I need to learn how to launch the car, but shifting one has never been a problem for me. This car needs a trans rebuild, so, now it's gonna get one :beer:

*cough* driver...ha

I wont own up to that yet. Lets see how I do AFTER the car works correctly...lol.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Mike, has anyone looked at it yet? You just going to have at it?

Not sure what you mean...it's in definitely need of a rebuild. The damn thing is hard as hell to shift, no matter how slowly you do it. Not really sure what the deal is, could by syncros, could be a bent shift fork that caused premature wear..who knows. Once the trans is out, I'm gonna haul it up to Billy and let him be the judge of exactly what it needs. I have no problem pulling the thing out on my own, but as for rebuilding it...eh. I've watched people rebuild transmissions before (manuals and autos) but that's one thing I've yet to attempt myself. I hear it's not to bad, but when I do try it, it'll probably be on a T-5.

I should also mention that I was going to let Billy pull it (because even though I've pulled many a T-5 on my back..this damned T-56 is one heavy SOB), but I have been offered the use of a lift and a trans jack to save my aging spine. So now I get to yank it, and haul it up there. Speaking of which...I need someone to follow me down so that I can get back home after I remove the trans...anyone?

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Does this years group have this under control? ie no waiting for 2 hours for an uncooked hotdog?

I won't be on the grill this year giving out MACA-approved cooked food, so I'd be wary of the food you buy at the meet... Like Tim said, eat a good breakfast and lets meet up after to eat or something.

svtrookie

Established Member
I went last year and had a pretty good time. I will try and make it out again this year. This time I actually want to park with MACA. Last year I was directed to the back with some imports.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I went last year and had a pretty good time. I will try and make it out again this year. This time I actually want to park with MACA. Last year I was directed to the back with some imports.

You can park wherever there is an open spot. Don't let anyone tell you where to park. It's first come first serve. If you want to park near some cobras and people tell you they are saving spots for their friends, tell em to **** off and park there anyway.

svtrookie

Established Member
You can park wherever there is an open spot. Don't let anyone tell you where to park. It's first come first serve. If you want to park near some cobras and people tell you they are saving spots for their friends, tell em to **** off and park there anyway.

Cool, hopefully I will meet up with some of you guys. Keep me posted where everyone is meeting before the show.

Totsie7944

Established Member
Cool, hopefully I will meet up with some of you guys. Keep me posted where everyone is meeting before the show.

ahh come on Tom, you know you want to park next to your import friend! lol

I'll be there guys...in my Integra since I no longer have a Cobra....very sad. Hopefully one day I can waste my friends flavor again and buy another! :rockon:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Off-roading??

I probably will be. There is a wheeling event out in Winchester that saturday and sunday, so I'll most likely be there. I might try to swing by the meet after if it's early enough. Show off the busted up, muddy Jeep lol.

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
i think we should start a list of people who are going to be attending this meet. I for one am 80% sure I will be going if I can get my car running right and would like to know all who plan on going so maybe I can meet up with some of you for once.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I'm down! Has the decision been made on a meeting time/location for us to gather prior to rolling onto the campus. This will ensure us the ability to park together as we'd all be rolling in together. I'm coming from Waldorf, so if anyone wants to meet in this area let me know and then we can head to the "official" MACA meeting spot and head to the campus. Let me know.

Rodney

I'LL B Bok

Established Member
maca meet place/time

Ditto Rodney. I'm attending, just let me know where we're all meeting and the time so we can roll in together. I enjoy frightening the natives this way.

I hear you guys had such a great impression on Ikea yesterday maybe they want us to meet there again.

Users who are viewing this thread