Up and running.....

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
As some of you may be aware I suffered motor damage in the spring of 04 and car has been down ever since.

I was on the bleeding edge with my F150 hitting many stumbling blocks and also I beleive I was one of the 1st 03 cobra's to have the KB2.2 and I ultimatly payed the price for being on the bleeding edge.

Needless to say knowledge of these cars has come a long way in the last year and a half and I decided to take my rebuild nice and easy. Having a limited budget but not wanting to skimp either I took things slow.

I started off with a billit VT stroker.
VT4340 forged 3.750" stroked crankshaft
Manley Billet I beam rods
Custom spec'd CP forged pistons (12.3cc dish, 9.2:1 c/r)
CP moly file to fit rings
Trimetal rod and main bearings (FM and Clevitte)
Hi Volume oil pump, pickup tube and VT billet oil pump gears
New rear seal plate.
Brand new Iron block, fully blueprinted (decked, linehoned, bored/honed with torque plates)

One of the heads was damage during my failure as well so I got a new set of heads late last year. fully threaded plug holes and what I hope to have a better cooling design as well. These got new crower stage 3 blower cams, springs and retainers.

The original KB 2.2 was sold and I opted for a new KB 2.4 with accufab TB and SCT BA 2800 MAF. 60# injectors, CPR rails and earls pro-lite 8AN hose back to the tank with an Aeroquipe filter helps get her fuel. I plan on addressing pump issues once I see where im sitting fuel wise.

The car had a bassani off road x and cat back prior to build and I opted for bassani midlegths while engine was out to help it breath.

I spent last summer putting in all delrin IRS control arm and Diff bushings and poly IRS subframe bushings as well as MJ's Brace and DSS lvl 5 half shafts.

I went with a spec 3F clutch, billit pressure plate and rebuildable flywheel.

The battery was relocated to the trunk to make room for the vortech coolant tank and a gords heat exchanger helps to keep IAT's down.

The engine is kept cool by a fluidyne radiator, and full compliment of evans mods (inlet, waterpump, t-stat) with evans NPG coolant. The oil flows through a canton remote adapter using larger FL1A filters and is cooled by an earls cooler before getting dumped into the Canton road/race pane with windage tray.

Car still sits on stock wheels/tires but has H&R super sport springs, MM full length subframe connectors and MM caster camber plates for now.

Here is just a brief vid of her idling. Hope to get an alignment early next week and then get some breakin miles on the clutch with a tentative dyno date of the 12 of Nov.

Here is brief vid.

Special thanks to my Friend Dan @ DBPerformance.biz and to all of those here on the forum who have helped with various questions.

Larry.

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
About time man!! Congrats on the killer setup! Get some freakin shots from behind to really hear the cams damnit!! lol

Glad you got it up and running though and its been long overdue for you. You have the perfect setup IMO. :thumbsup: With that setup...you could always go turbo as well and never look back. BOOST AWAY!

-Graycen

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Glad to see you up and running. I was wondering where you were? Congrats on the new set-up and she looks and sounds like a beast. :-D

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Great set up!! I HOPE you didn't leave the stock 3:55's and traction lock diff. in though!! No mention was made of this and definetely should have been upgraded. Let us know.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Nice sound. Just a silly question, is it just my eyes or does it look like that Blower Pulley is wobbling a little. Maybe I had a few to many beers last night. :beer:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words gang!

anvrsy red vert said:
Great set up!! I HOPE you didn't leave the stock 3:55's and traction lock diff. in though!! No mention was made of this and definetely should have been upgraded. Let us know.
Stock 3:55s are still in it. With all the tq these cars have I dont really see a point in changing them, I would like to get a better diff though but im far from done with the car. I still have a healthy list of stuff to do.

BLK03SVT10TH said:
Nice sound. Just a silly question, is it just my eyes or does it look like that Blower Pulley is wobbling a little. Maybe I had a few to many beers last night. :beer:
Pulley is on tight, I think its just the lettering on the belt that makes it look wobbly.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
You may consider 3:73's with a detroit locker differential. Still streetable and you don't have to worry about replacing clutch packs in the traction lock which we all will inevitably have to. Just my 2 cnts.

Users who are viewing this thread