Upcoming Raptor R

Dusten

Established Member
Oh I agree. Was just responding to the post about what could be had for $160k. For me, it surely isn’t an f150. I personally don’t know anyone that is spending that kinda coin picking an f150 over a mb amg, or g63. Again, I’m sure some ford nut will pay that price. Strange how brand loyalty works. Lol
Again. Most people buying this aren't picking it over something. They're adding it to.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Man, I laughed and said wouldn't it be funny if dealerships lost the ability to sell the Raptor R and they sold from FORD directly with no mark-up? Never seen so many cry babies. Tell my you work at a dealership without telling me you work at a dealership.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, I laughed and said wouldn't it be funny if dealerships lost the ability to sell the Raptor R and they sold from FORD directly with no mark-up? Never seen so many cry babies. Tell my you work at a dealership without telling me you work at a dealership.

It would be funny.

I would sue Ford, win, and retire before I'm 35. I would laugh so hard.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It would be funny.

I would sue Ford, win, and retire before I'm 35. I would laugh so hard.
Yeah I thought about when I posted it! I knew you wouldn't like it. But if you were on this side of the fence.....you would find it funny.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I thought about when I posted it! I knew you wouldn't like it. But if you were on this side of the fence.....you would find it funny.

No, I find it funny on this side of the fence. That would be like winning the lottery, I'm all for it!

If you can pull some strings with Ford, pull em hard!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No, I find it funny on this side of the fence. That would be like winning the lottery, I'm all for it!

If you can pull some strings with Ford, pull em hard!
So things you know. What are the legal obligations Ford has to Ford Dealerships? What would this be against the law for them? Obviously I'm ignorant to that knowledge however, it would still be funny if it happened. Not practical however given the legal aspects.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So things you know. What are the legal obligations Ford has to Ford Dealerships? What would this be against the law for them? Obviously I'm ignorant to that knowledge however, it would still be funny if it happened. Not practical however given the legal aspects.

Franchise Laws.

They're very similar state to state. The biggest issue, and lawsuit, would come from the alcohol distributors.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Franchise Laws.

They're very similar state to state. The biggest issue, and lawsuit, would come from the alcohol distributors.

Do you have any concerns with the possibility of car companies spinning off their EV businesses as a means to circumvent their franchise agreements?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have any concerns with the possibility of car companies spinning off their EV businesses as a means to circumvent their franchise agreements?

Yep.

National and state associations are in the process of solidifying franchise laws to define the manufacturers better.

I imagine, it will allow the Teslas, Rivians, etc of the world to do business as they are...however the standard manufacturers will not be able to circumvent the franchise laws/agreements by opening new divisions/companies to compete in the same industry.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Booze distributor laws need some reform here. IMO, in-state producers should be permitted to sell directly to in-state retailers.

I 100% agree with that.

In Missouri you can stroll down to the Boulevard Wheat brewery and buy.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yep.

National and state associations are in the process of solidifying franchise laws to define the manufacturers better.

I imagine, it will allow the Teslas, Rivians, etc of the world to do business as they are...however the standard manufacturers will not be able to circumvent the franchise laws/agreements by opening new divisions/companies to compete in the same industry.

Interesting

I'd have to imagine there will be a large legal battle around this.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting

I'd have to imagine there will be a large legal battle around this.

I don't foresee it actually coming to that. I think it will be sorted before that issue would arise.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Somebody advise GM Marketing to call their truck the "METEOR" if they think it can kill both the Raptor and the TRX.

TRX is my favorite, personally.

That's good.

I just helped a buddy sell a 22 TRX yesterday. He thought it was going to bring HUGE money. It was a level one with a few other options, stickered for $90,500. I moved it for him to a Ram dealer in Kansas for $95k.

kaz109

Established Member
That's good.

I just helped a buddy sell a 22 TRX yesterday. He thought it was going to bring HUGE money. It was a level one with a few other options, stickered for $90,500. I moved it for him to a Ram dealer in Kansas for $95k.
How many miles were on it?

kaz109

Established Member
70.7 miles.
Yea I would’ve excepted more just like your friend….. but then again I’m in Cali where those along with Gen 3 raptors are getting 100k on the trade in with 10k miles on them.

I’ve seen three Gen 3 raptors and one TRX sell for just under 120k with the miles ranging from 7k-11k

snakecharmer

Established Member
I'm glad they are finally doing it. Pity you won't be able to get one due to typical Ford dealer price gouging. I'd love to have this or the TRX before they get completely done away with it.

I'm also betting that Ram has a surprising waiting in the wings. It'd be easy to stick the Redeye, Demon, or Jailbreak versions of the Hellcat in the TRX.

Users who are viewing this thread