Upcoming Raptor R

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You'd rather every car cost $500-$8000 more just to keep very special editions (like this truck) from having a mark up?

How often are you only buying special edition vehicles?

Him and I both! I could get down with that. In fact, if he can get that worked out, every Friday I'll buy a round for SVTPers.

C0bra99

Established Member
You'd rather every car cost $500-$8000 more just to keep very special editions (like this truck) from having a mark up?

How often are you only buying special edition vehicles?
This is a very bad take on what I said. You don't have to sell a vehicle at 25k markup to be able to sell another at invoice. You know many people who are buying special editions are also buying just regular vehicles.
Him and I both! I could get down with that. In fact, if he can get that worked out, every Friday I'll buy a round for SVTPers.
I have a relationship with my dealer for 30+ years. I have bought many vehicles and with friends and family over 50. The relationship is they know where I sit about price and I don't squeeze them for every penny. Works well

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is a very bad take on what I said. You don't have to sell a vehicle at 25k markup to be able to sell another at invoice. You know many people who are buying special editions are also buying just regular vehicles.

I have a relationship with my dealer for 30+ years. I have bought many vehicles and with friends and family over 50. The relationship is they know where I sit about price and I don't squeeze them for every penny. Works well

Again, we're on the same page. I'll sign up in a heartbeat if we go to an MSRP only pricing model. Wouldn't even have to think about it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Are you really comparing 2003 to 2022?

And saying WE don’t get out much? Have you not gotten out in 19 years ?
Got a deal on my 2008 GT500 too. Not sure what else to tell you. Got 13k off my Edge ST. I guess those that only allowed to live in the back yard must pay the pipper.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Got a deal on my 2008 GT500 too. Not sure what else to tell you. Got 13k off my Edge ST. I guess those that only allowed to live in the back yard must pay the pipper.

I got a deal on my 08 gt500 too.. but that wasn’t in 2022.. so the reference means nothing

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have no idea how any of that works. They move a crap ton of cars and I assume they’re making some money or they couldn’t stay in business. And gave me a smokin deal. Lol

Volume dealers get "bonuses" from the Manufacturer if they sell xxxx units per month.

This varies depending on brand, model, and location.

Example, Ram might incentives HD truck sales by telling their dealers that if they sell 3000 3/4 and 1 ton trucks per month for a 2 month period, the dealer will received a $100k bonus from Ram.

Numbers are hypothetical, but that's how they are able to sell vehicles for 4-5% under invoice and still be wildly profitable.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Volume dealers get "bonuses" from the Manufacturer if they sell xxxx units per month.

This varies depending on brand, model, and location.

Example, Ram might incentives HD truck sales by telling their dealers that if they sell 3000 3/4 and 1 ton trucks per month for a 2 month period, the dealer will received a $100k bonus from Ram.

Numbers are hypothetical, but that's how they are able to sell vehicles for 4-5% under invoice and still be wildly profitable.
Bingo, its no secret.

Users who are viewing this thread