Upcoming timeframe on the next GT500 and speculation

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The following is the email I got from my salesman who works at a very well known Ford Performance Vehicle dealership, (and he is pretty well known as well), after I had asked about the new GT500.

They canceled the 2018 GT500
Ford decided to make the GT350 another year for 2018 instead… And probably won’t do a GT500 again until the body change in 2020… (which would be in the YEAR 2019)

1971mach1

Established Member
I am really looking forward to the next GT500 or whatever it's called. Ford needs to wait till they know what it will take to make sure the Mustang will be the top dog on the street and track. I will be disappointed if its not the Alpha Dog when it comes out. If that means waiting a bit I'm ok with that. If its the "BOSS" then it will be next to my other Mustangs in my garage.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
Why would they wait that long? I mean if sales are up they are up but damn...sucks that a stock SS is faster than a gt350 lol.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
The following is the email I got from my salesman who works at a very well known Ford Performance Vehicle dealership, (and he is pretty well known as well), after I had asked about the new GT500.

Ford decided to make the GT350 another year for 2018 instead… And probably won’t do a GT500 again until the body change in 2020… (which would be in the YEAR 2019)
Eh I seriously doubt it. The refreshed S550 will likely run MY '18-'20, and the next gen '21.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

It's marketing to sell cars. All the dealer knows is that Ford is making the GT350 MY 18.

That's it!

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
At one time this website was a primary source for up and coming SVT vehicles ( now Ford Performance ). Many "sources" were actual Ford Reps that would "leak" info via posts to help hype up the new models. I hope that continues to happen.......

Cyclerick

Established Member
Car and Driver reported in their recent magazine that the GT500 will likely be released later this year as a 5.2 litre and leaning away from Ecoboost and towards supercharged. And get this, you might get price gouged by dealers. Surprise!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Car and Driver reported in their recent magazine that the GT500 will likely be released later this year as a 5.2 litre and leaning away from Ecoboost and towards supercharged. And get this, you might get price gouged by dealers. Surprise!

Not sure how true or not true this is. Sounds hopeful anyways.

Attachments

• GT500 Article.jpg
    GT500 Article.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 374

paluka21

Established Member

Car and Driver doesn't have any more visibility into the inner workings of Ford any more than most of us have. They're correct that most dealers will price gouge, but I would take what they say as pure speculation.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I am betting it will be an Eco-boost V8, but not sure if it will be a 5.2, or 5.0. I am also betting they use the same motor as an option in the 2018 Raptor.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
it's a shame we're still guessing what the new GT500 will be, when the direct competition already has a Zl1, Hellcat, and upcoming Demon and Zl1/Z28. Ford really needs to start letting the cat out the bag if there truly is anything on the horizon. I for one just bought a used SRT392, and can't wait to get into a Hellcat.

Users who are viewing this thread