Update!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
you guys miss me? :D so...i pretty much got tired of the whole car scene for a while. but recently i've made some steps to getting my car fixed.

If yall remember, i was going to try and get bracket made to fix my block but that fell through so i ended up buying an 01 cobra block (which happened to be a teksid).

So i'm going to transfer everything over to the new block and i might have some money left over to get some cams. W00t!

anyone got any tips on the block using the Bheads? Don't the knock sensor holes need to be rethreaded or somethign? do i need a 99+ timing cover or use the stock one?

mystical

Established Member
Welcome back Doug! What happened to your block? What are your plans for the car?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
mystical said:
Welcome back Doug! What happened to your block? What are your plans for the car?

somehow the ear broke off the passenger side of the block right below the starter and with it took that bellhousing bolt hole. and now my bellhousing won't pull flush against the block. which is why i kept breaking input shafts, shattered third gear in a tremec, went through hundreds of dollars of throwout bearings and 2 clutch rebuilds.

I checked the runout on the bellhousing. max allowable is .010 - mine was around .033 or .035.. or something like that.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
cobraboy169 said:
you will only need the 99+ Timing Cover if you are going to use 99+ Heads.

I think the 96-98 timing cover will work.

Yes, the knock sensor holes are a different size.

COBRASVT

Established Member
I know what cha mean.... mine's been down since Jan of last year. I don't think I was on the boards more than twice a month until I bought my shortblock.

Welcome back...I know I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread