Upgraded Stereo System

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Just asking what Brand or Brands MACA recommends for an upgrade in speakers and Amps. Please help with suggestions.

Polk
Kicker
JBL
Alpine
Pioneer
Kenwood
JL
MTX
Rockford Fosgate
Other

Tweeters ?
Front Doors ?
Rear ?
Subs ?
Amp ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a bunch of JL stuff in my truck and love it. Had it installed by a professional. Pretty much everything you named, front, back, tweets, etc.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a bunch of JL stuff in my truck and love it. Had it installed by a professional. Pretty much everything you named, front, back, tweets, etc.

JL subs sound great but they take a huge amount of cubic feet for the box, unless things have changed.
This is one of the reasons I've always gone with the Solobarics. 1 sealed cubic ft per 12" sub.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I'm not a member if MACA but to answer some of your questions...
As far as amps go, I've always used old school amps. White art series PPI, old Kicker, and Rockford Fosgate. Also Hafler, A/D/S, and a few others. I've never been a fan of the newer amps (2000s+)
My current daily driver runs an old school (mid 1990s) RF 800.2, and my Cobra is in line and ready for my PPI 600a2 I have had for years. It's been in several of my cars. The old PPIs have gotten very rare to find, and can be expensive, but man are they worth every penny. I paid $50 for 600a2 back in 1997. Have a 400a4 I got back then too, which I will be using once again for a component set up front, and coaxials in the rear.

I run a 12" Kicker Solobaric in my daily driver. Again, it's been in several of my cars over the years. Owned it for over 16 years, and it still hits great.

As far as speakers go, it really all depends on how much you are looking to spend?
Component sets are the way to go up front, and usually coaxials are ok to use for rear fill.
Keep in mind, if you are installing new speakers in a car with Mach 460/1000 you will need to either power them off your aftermarket headunit, or off a separate amp. Mach amps/speakers are 6 ohm.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
JBL, Kicker, JL, Polk are all pretty good brands.

My friend Prokiller on here and sn95source just upgrade the system in his 94. 2 kicker amps, full kicker component kit, and 12'' L7 sub. It sounds damn good I can tell you that. Any decent brand will give you worlds better sound over stock.

Users who are viewing this thread