Upgrading a returnless system to -8 feed and id1000's for E-85 but...

Stanger00

Established Member
I plan on running E-85. With 91 octane on AED's dyncom dyno my motor made 614hp at the wheel. I am going to upgrade my injectors from 60lb to id1000's and upgrade the feed line but will keep the stock rails. As with other combos most people have picked up around 50-60hp switching to corn fuel and I would expect the same.

Will I have any problems with this plan?

Another question for those that are still returnless. How did you all terminate your -8 line? Did you tap in just behind the fender? Or did you end at the fuel rail?

I have these 2 fittings in my summit wish list. One is for the line that ends just behind the fender. The other looks like it should be able to connect to the fuel rail. Let me know which one you prefer. Thanks.

ScreenShot2014-01-02at35111PM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-02at35218PM.png

mustang john

Established Member
Lethal makes an 8an feed line upgrade kit with everything already bundled up for you. Its what I used when I upgraded my feed line, nice kit.

Stanger00

Established Member
Lethal makes an 8an feed line upgrade kit with everything already bundled up for you. Its what I used when I upgraded my feed line, nice kit.

You referring to this kit?

Lethal Performance 99-04 Mustang Stock Hat Fuel Line Upgrade Kit (PTFE Hose)

415 bucks!

The kit I have in my wishlist is going to cost less than 200 depending on fittings. Plus, whatever a local hydraulic shop will charge to install the fittings and leak check. I keep reading that the PTFE line is not easy to work with when installing new fittings.

Can you tell me where the -8 line terminates? Does it end at the fender and connect to the line off of the OEM fuel rail hose?

Stanger00

Established Member
Dual GT pumps, dual FPDM's and division x hat. This should be enough for 650ish horsepower using E85. I might need a BAP.

mustang john

Established Member
You referring to this kit?

Lethal Performance 99-04 Mustang Stock Hat Fuel Line Upgrade Kit (PTFE Hose)

415 bucks!

The kit I have in my wishlist is going to cost less than 200 depending on fittings. Plus, whatever a local hydraulic shop will charge to install the fittings and leak check. I keep reading that the PTFE line is not easy to work with when installing new fittings.

Can you tell me where the -8 line terminates? Does it end at the fender and connect to the line off of the OEM fuel rail hose?

Ouch! lol I bought this one!

99-04 Mustang Stock Hat Fuel Line Upgrade Kit - Fuel Line Upgrade Kit - Fuel Delivery - 2003-2004 - Ford SVT Cobra - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
kevin (04sleeper) has proved that 2 gt pumps with a bap will do 700rwhp on a twin screw setup on e85. You should be fine with your parts list. You might even be able to get it done with 80's. which would save you a ton of money.

We will see soon if 80's are up to the challenge. I run 3 gt pumps, but am switching to the "upgraded ford gt pump" with 80's and a -8 feed. But, I have a single 78mm. Supposedly it takes less fuel to make the power with a turbo, so hopefully the 80's will hold ~800rwhp on e85.

Stanger00

Established Member

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
The fitting in the top pic is what I would use. It will plug right into the factory fuel feed line, on the passenger by the firewall.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm going with PTFE hose not rubber. The hose and fittings I put together still costs less than their bundled package.

Could someone let me know which fitting would work best for connecting to the stock rail.

I suggest against the PTFE that Lethal sells with the SS mesh sleeve in it. Tried working with it last weekend, quit, and returned for standard hose. I then found the PTFE without the SS sleeving and would go that direction instead if you really want PTFE. Plenty are using the std. Fragola hose Lethal supplies without odor.

The fitting in the top pic is what I would use. It will plug right into the factory fuel feed line, on the passenger by the firewall.

The top fitting plugs into the factory fuel rail not the line in the passenger well. No reason to step it down before the rail.

Stanger00

Established Member
I suggest against the PTFE that Lethal sells with the SS mesh sleeve in it. Tried working with it last weekend, quit, and returned for standard hose. I then found the PTFE without the SS sleeving and would go that direction instead if you really want PTFE. Plenty are using the std. Fragola hose Lethal supplies without odor.

The top fitting plugs into the factory fuel rail not the line in the passenger well. No reason to step it down before the rail.

I'm going with PTFE so I won't have to worry about the hose breaking down over time. It's not a decision I made because of people complaining about fumes. I'm also not buying this hose from Lethal. Nothing is being bought from Lethal for this fuel feed line.

Thanks for the Fitting information.

I just bought this fitting for my -8 an line upgrade with stock rails. You might have a restriction if you go with the other one.

Thanks for the heads up.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Summit Brand PTFE hose here.. Worked amazingly.. Stupid easy to work with lol.. Did my feed, return, and cross over in my garage..

Stanger00

Established Member
Summit Brand PTFE hose here.. Worked amazingly.. Stupid easy to work with lol.. Did my feed, return, and cross over in my garage..

Thanks I am getting the same hose. I have it all in my summit racing wish list. Waiting for GI Bill school check and tax return to pick it all up.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think I have quite a bit of -8 still at my house.. I don't think it's going to be long enough for the entire length of the car, but it'll build you some other sections if you want it.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
What are you planning to do for a filter?

I did basically what youre doing and bought everything I need from Lethal. Got the filter and all the fittings for less than $200 shipped with the SVTP discount. I already had my hose and hose fittings.

These fit on the filter:
Fragola -8an x 7/8-14 (10an) O-Ring Radius Fitting FPS-495104 $10.19
Ordered: 2 Shipped: 2 $20.38

Filter:
DivisionX 10 Micron High Flow Fuel Filter (E-85 and other ethanol based fuels)
Replacement Filter Element
No DX-0010MW $109.99
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 $109.99

Fuel Hat Adapter:
Aeromotive 3/8’’ Female to ORB-08 Feed Line Adapter AER-15118 $39.99
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 $39.99

Fuel Rail Adapter:
Lethal Performance -8an to Stock Fuel Rail Adapter LP-8ANRAILADAPTER $24.99 Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 $24.99

Stanger00

Established Member
This is my first revision. I might need to add a 45* fitting and might need a larger filter housing. I also have a $100 gift card for summit. Can't beat this deal. Plus I'll have about 4ish feet left over for something else down the road.

nytyqeba.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
I am doing the same upgrade as we speak, except I already bought Division X rails.

I'm doing Twin GT pumps in a stock modified hat, then 8an line to filter, 8 an to 10 an fitting, Division X filter, 10 an to 8 an fitting, 8 an line to a 8 an y fitting, and 8an line into Division X rails. I'm working on sourcing the last few fittings now. I need the fitting from stock hat to 8 an which was listed above.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread