upping boost, will I be able to tune it with existing sct?

LT1BIRD

Established Member
ive got alot of upgrades.. 60lb injectors, kenne bell 2.1... fuel rails, twin pumps, ba2600 maf etc... im at stock boost.. about 7LB now...ive got long tubes and 3" full exhaust.. using a sct hand held.. if i go to 15LB pully ( probably get a real 13lbs... will the maf cover the tuning and i just adjust the WOT a/f ratio via the hand held? Ive got a wideband gauge and Ngauge to watch stuff...

Attachments

• 66 intake.jpg
    66 intake.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 91

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
ive got alot of upgrades.. 60lb injectors, kenne bell 2.1... fuel rails, twin pumps, ba2600 maf etc... im at stock boost.. about 7LB now...ive got long tubes and 3" full exhaust.. using a sct hand held.. if i go to 15LB pully ( probably get a real 13lbs... will the maf cover the tuning and i just adjust the WOT a/f ratio via the hand held? Ive got a wideband gauge and Ngauge to watch stuff...
just get it dyno tuned, not worth burning some holes into your pistons.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the end user adjustments on the handheld without pro racer isn't a ton and most tuners lock that out in their email tunes.

In theory if the fuel system and maf are big enough and the maf was calibrated correctly it should adjust everything just fine. Upping the boost wouldn't change the targeted a/f of the current tune. Now depending on available fuel and how aggressive the current tune is, then ya, might wanna dial back timing and/or fatten the AF a bit.

That being said, I agree, needs to be put on the dyno and logged when you're basically doubling the boost

Users who are viewing this thread