UPR firewall adjuster installed, now cable seems too short, help.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have the adjuster too. I've used it on three different cars. I hate the stock pedal height.

FIREBALL

Established Member
What does it do to pedal feel and how much adjustment, how much lower than brake pedal?

FIREBALL

Established Member
I have read many have removed the clutch height adjuster because it caused adjustment problems and cruise control switch problems.

I test drove my new firewall adjuster---not much change and I cant see where a new quadrant will make much difference, but I ordered one anyway.

Ford came out with this antiquated clutch cable system (No quadrant) in the late 60s, the old mechanical linkage system worked better. I wonder if the current hydraulic conversions would work better or a different aftermarket pressure plate? Ive been a standard stick shift kind of guy for many years but I hate this cable system and the Tremec, If there was a complete Auto trans conversion including computer , shifter and console i would switch yesterday!!!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My clutch pedal is a hair higher than the brake pedal. I don't have any problems with cruise control or anything.

My understanding is the hydraulic conversion won't work with the 4V because of the valve cover width.

I can't say I hate the cable set up. I'm currently running an RXT clutch and the pedal is lighter than the stock clutch in our 06.

Users who are viewing this thread