Upstate SC Chat

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of response lately, wedding planning is consuming my life lol. Almost there... 3 more weeks. I finally got around and bought myself a wide angle lens for some better pictures/rolling shots (I told my fiancé it was for our trip to Maui so she was on board ;-) ) I'd like to give it a run before the wedding if y'all are around. Maybe after C&C next week? Anyway hope everyone's doing well.

Dan

CV355

_
Established Member
Where is C&C and how often does everyone meet up? I see there's something about it on Facebook using Google, but I don't have a FB account anymore so I can't view it.

Clemson

Established Member
Where is C&C and how often does everyone meet up? I see there's something about it on Facebook using Google, but I don't have a FB account anymore so I can't view it.

Its at Michelin. We have been meeting up beforehand at 7:30 at the QT at 14 & 85.

CV355

_
Established Member
I don't know where everyone is located in the Upstate, but I'm usually at Dunkins in Easley every Sunday. There's a parking lot right next to it that's vacant on Sundays, so I park there and avoid the rest of the traffic and caffeine-addled door-dingers.

If anyone wants to drop in sometime, just park over by my car and you're probably safe.

Clemson

Established Member
I don't know where everyone is located in the Upstate, but I'm usually at Dunkins in Easley every Sunday. There's a parking lot right next to it that's vacant on Sundays, so I park there and avoid the rest of the traffic and caffeine-addled door-dingers.

If anyone wants to drop in sometime, just park over by my car and you're probably safe.

Im over towards Greenville.....Cars & Coffee is next Saturday. You going to meet up with us?

CV355

_
Established Member
Im over towards Greenville.....Cars & Coffee is next Saturday. You going to meet up with us?

Sorry for the 2-month late reply :(

Work has been nuts for me- haven't had time to even rake the leaves out of my yard.

I happened upon Cars + Coffee in Easley SC last weekend on my commute to (you guessed it) work. Anybody spend any time at that one? It's near downtown Easley by the railroad crossing at rt8

Clemson

Established Member
Ive never been to the Easley one. Im planning to try to make the Greenville one this Saturday though.

CV355

_
Established Member
Ah, I can't make that one this week. Still working an insane schedule, so the car is embarrassingly filthy right now. I need a nice 60 degree day without rain so I can get it all clean again.

All it takes is one genius to drive off the road a little bit and kick up a dust storm to make every car in the parking lot look like one of those cars from Dubai

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Well I've had a pretty busy last couple of months with the car, got my rear diff rebuilt twice (first time from a worn carrier bearing, second from the dealer screwing up the first install). Finally got around to installing my suspension pieces, shocks, struts, springs, pan hard rod, lca's (still need to do relocation brackets).

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and a good New Years! Lets do some events/meets when it gets warmer.

Clemson

Established Member
Niiiiice Dan! Ive got an MGW and a set of Corsas that need to go on at some point. Pretty excited about those.

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Awesome, I'd love to get an MGW but I get a little sticker shock when I look at them online lol. Well after a few days I've developed a squeak, I'm guessing from the LCA's. Dont do suspension unless you have to lol. Gotta get back under the car again and find out where its coming from.

Clemson

Established Member
Awesome, I'd love to get an MGW but I get a little sticker shock when I look at them online lol. Well after a few days I've developed a squeak, I'm guessing from the LCA's. Dont do suspension unless you have to lol. Gotta get back under the car again and find out where its coming from.
Yea they are not cheap, nor easy to install like the old top loaders Im used to! Sqeaks seemingly come with the territory on aftermarket suspension, but Ive got a whole tub of that Energy Suspension lube.LOL

Users who are viewing this thread