Upstate SC Chat

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
Well it looks like I won't be able to go to the NC/SC meet this Sunday.. :(

I just finished swapping out my stock H-pipe with an O/R X pipe, and no sooner than backing out of my driveway, the Cobra's rear end is making a ratchet type of noise when rolling. I can see that there is a small leak coming from my rear differential. I think the fluid is really low on the diff and the ratcheting is the diff clutches sticking and slipping, but I'm not sure.

Seems awfully coincidental to happen immediately after a mid pipe swap! Everything looks good and tight, and it doesn't appear to be interfering with anything in the drive line. Anybody around to lend a hand, or refer me to a decent mechanic? I'm afraid to drive the car for any distance at all.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
Well the situation wasn't as bad as I thought. The back side of the muffler was making contact with the yoke on the differential. The bottom of the diff is soaked with gear oil though, so I may be down an expensive path to resealing the diff cover if I need to take it off. The joys of buying a used car!

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
That sucks to hear sorry man :( I wont be free today but might be tomorrow. I'm not familiar with these cars but sometimes an extra hand always helps and I dont think I'm too far away. Let me know.

I dont know of any mechanics in the area and would like to know one myself in case I ever needed it.

#03Steeda

Established Member
I'm a technician at steagall's transmission in Greenville. Going on vacation this week but let me know if I can help sometime. I'm live Seneca.

Extremite

Established Member
I had planned on going tomorrow, but alas...started down the road today and saw a nice cloud of white smoke in my rear view mirror. The car reeked of gasoline. Gotta get this figured out before I do any Mustang driving. =(

JW03

Established Member
waxed the mustang for the first time since I bought it... paint looks and feels a lot better! crappy cellphone picture

5e8577a1-4066-4fe3-ad62-c2c36c29b4a6_zps0d0b94a6.jpg

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Yeah I know what you mean lol, what kind of wax did you use?

I washed and detailed the cobra yesterday morning but forgot to upload a pic :p
(No wax just a detailer spray)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread