Urinalysis changes?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So with States starting to legalize pot will the Military gradually change its drug testing system?

Denver issues first licenses for legal retail marijuana sales | Fox News

Is it time to start thinking ahead or is MJ just a fad at the ballot box?

It would save millions and likely save jobs of some otherwise decent soldiers. My problem was if they could not follow that simple rule, how can they follow more demanding rules?

wormriddle

Established Member
I doubt you or I would see the day they legalize it for us. I don't particulalry care for the stuff myself but I never liked seeing good guys get the boot for popping hot.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Its legal in some states, by the state law, but still illegal Federally. I would assume since we work for the Federal gov. It'll never be legal.. ;)

It's something that the Coast Guard has been changing in terms of arrests etc.. If the boater is within the state waters it's legal, but as soon as they go out of state waters it's illegal lol..

Last edited:

saleensc281

Established Member
In my opinion it should not be allowed period. You want to be a pot head, get a job at McDonalds and stay the heck out of the military. IMO the military is too lax on drug and alchol abuse. The Army says zero tolerance, so it needs to hold them accountable and kick all abusers out with ZERO benefits...including medical....regardless if you were injured in a past conflict. Its not the military's fault you are dirt bad....my tax dollars get wasted enough. Harsh.....damn right!

Last edited:

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
You can't piss hot from secondhand smoke so it won't change. You'll still get the exact same disciplinary actions as before. As members of the military we are already accustomed to having greater restrictions put on us so it should not be a shock to anyone that you cannot consume marijuana in states where it is legal. Before Spice was made illegal it was also on the list of stuff that you can't do in the military.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
They won't change it until it becomes federally legal. And I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Until the country views it like they do alcohol, it'll never be legalized across the U.S. Stoners can thank Nixon for that and the BS propaganda videos on marijuana.

Jebadias

Established Member
Even if it became legal on a federal level and they decided to change the rules for the military they would have to come up with a way to determine if you were currently high or had just happened to smoke down over the weekend. With all the controversy with blood alcohol level limits I really doubt we are going to see some THC limits for a long, long time if ever.

Users who are viewing this thread