Use a word/term deemed "insensitive" and Nascar will send you off to sensitivity training!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Probably not the best thing to say, especially when a lot of special needs kids watch NASCAR. I don’t think they should do anything to him, let him dig his own grave. The people will either support him or not, no need to send him to Chyna re-education camp.
Retarded doesn't necessarily mean someone is special needs and visa versa. Retarded can mean a litany of things.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
True, but those who have special needs children don't take kindly to that word.
The term should be applied properly rather than using it as a blanket terminology. To me it's similar how individuals will incorrectly use the term racist/racism in regards to anything negative surrounding particular individuals.

Zemedici

Established Member
The term should be applied properly rather than using it as a blanket terminology. To me it's similar how individuals will incorrectly use the term racist/racism in regards to anything negative surrounding particular individuals.

Preach

and its 2021 and we're still doing the whole 'WORDS HURT' shit? *yawn*

@Crimson2v Would the parents 'who get so offended' ask Kyle Busch for his advice on raising their kids? I'm thinking not....so honestly why tf would they worry about what his opinion? People are mad nowadays just to be ****ing mad.

The guys a NASCAR DRIVER ffs

not a world leader

Adower

Established Member
I feel like we're fast approaching a life environment more and more like China. This isn't the first time an organization/company has sent employees to "sensitivity training" for uttering a word or phase deemed unwoke. But come on, he used the word "retarded", and because of that the woke left sends him to "re-indoctrination".

Busch used 'R' word against Brad Keselowski after race at Martinsville

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch has been ordered to undergo sensitivity training before the start of the 2022 for using an insensitive term during an interview after Sunday's race at Martinsville.

Busch was complaining about being hit by Brad Keselowski as his rival made a desperate move to pass him on the final straight. "I mean, where was he going? What was he going to do? Spin me out? He was trying to do a Harvick is what he was trying to do. For what? For second place? For what? He wasn’t going to transfer through with that. Freaking retarded, man," Busch said.

Neither playoff driver was in position to advance to the Championship 4 at Sunday's final in Phoenix, but a second-place finish would've put Busch through if race winner Alex Bowman had been penalized for any infractions during the post-race inspection.

Busch later tweeted, "In one of my post-race interviews I used a word I should never use and I want to apologize for it," but the series said the language violated its conduct guidelines. Busch was not issued a fine and will be allowed to compete at Phoenix on Sunday, Nov. 7.

Prior to the start of the 2021 season, NASCAR Truck Series driver Hailie Deegan received a similar sanction for saying during a livestreamed online simulation race, "Who’s the retard behind me?"

Gary Gastelu is FoxNews.com's Automotive Editor covering the car industry and racing. Follow @foxnewsautos
This is just as dumb as PETA saying the use of the word "bullpen" in baseball needs to be changed.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Preach

@Crimson2v Would the parents 'who get so offended' ask Kyle Busch for his advice on raising their kids? I'm thinking not....so honestly why tf would they worry about what his opinion? People are mad nowadays just to be ****ing mad.

The guys a NASCAR DRIVER ffs

not a world leader
Of course not. I really don't give a shit about him and if people are offended then they should take their $ elsewhere. These Nascar driver's act like a bunch of babies anyway so I can't expect them to act in a mature manner.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Either way you use that word I'm sure people would have been offended, some folks especially ones that have special needs children can be a little hyper sensitive to this stuff. I don't think using the word properly would have helped the situation.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Not long before they get rid of the cockpit and rename it something else.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm so sick of these ****ing pussies walking around with hurt feelings because someone said something that "hurts" them. I know that I am not the only one. Most of America is sick of these pansy pussies as well.
You ****ing pussies!!!

giphy.gif

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Either way you use that word I'm sure people would have been offended, some folks especially ones that have special needs children can be a little hyper sensitive to this stuff. I don't think using the word properly would have helped the situation.
The perpetually offended will always be offended. Then again, everything is offensive. The entire thing is comical all things about NASCAR considered. The line is crossed with a word? :ROFLMAO:

The driver used the word in a context easily understandable by those with the ability to ascertain what he meant and he isn't the one who needs to apply the word properly. Parents with special needs kids are the ones who need to place the word in an appropriate context and understand not everything pertains to them. A word they find offensive doesn't somehow make them germane in the grand scheme of things, IMO.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Preach

Shamefully, the old sticks and stones adage has been reversed making people into extremely delicate, easily offended beings. If a word hurts you, well, you have bigger fish to fry than concentrating on a word or phrase. Is it the media or what but someone or something is trying to take the humanity out of being a human.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Certain people just need something to cling to. Something that they think gives them the moral high ground. Doesn't matter how ridiculous it seems to those with common sense. If there's something you don't like or agree with, avoid it, distance yourself from it, and carry on with your life. I don't agree with this craze over boozy seltzers; they all taste like trash to me. Ergo, I don't drink them. Words are just that: words. If you don't like a random "athlete's" word choice, then don't pay attention to what he has to say. Not too difficult.

Also, context/aim is totally lost on these whine bags. Example:
Wow! It smells like shit in here! - Not aimed at anyone so screw your feelings.
Wow! You smell like shit. - Directly at you. Cry about if necessary...and maybe shower.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Now what am I going to do with all this advanced timing?

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not long before they get rid of the cockpit and rename it something else.
Along with "master cylinder" and "slave cylinder". Two terms/labels the word/thought police are seeking to eliminate. It will never end.

Users who are viewing this thread