Used car prices about to go into free fall

robvas

Established Member
I am a Ford guy through and through, but finding an Expedition around here is almost impossible and certainly not in this price range.
Have you driven a new one? I had a rental base Expedition XL for almost a month this winter and really didn't care for it. Will probably pick up a last-gen Tahoe when prices come down....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you driven a new one? I had a rental base Expedition XL for almost a month this winter and really didn't care for it. Will probably pick up a last-gen Tahoe when prices come down....
We have a 2021 Expedition MAX Limited now...and have a 2022 Stealth Performance that'll be here at the end of the month.

I really like it.

Sent from my Potato

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

TA-HOE LYFE

robvas

Established Member
We have a 2021 Expedition MAX Limited now...and have a 2022 Stealth Performance that'll be here at the end of the month.

I really like it.

Sent from my Potato
It was nice, just didn't care for the EB, sound, spongy pedal, needed to be in sport mode all the time ...I didn't mind the Eco my 2105 F150 though. Not a fan of the looks either. Looks like an SUV and not a truck.

The new Tahoe's look nice.
See I don't like them and would want the old body style

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was nice, just didn't care for the EB, sound, spongy pedal, needed to be in sport mode all the time ...I didn't mind the Eco my 2105 F150 though. Not a fan of the looks either. Looks like an SUV and not a truck.

The new Tahoe's look nice.
See I don't like them and would want the old body style

The base model is weak.

kaz109

Established Member
People are being trained to order and avoid over MSRP pricing. Small example: our family biz uses a lot of work trucks. We haven't bought lot stock for over a year and a half and now only order because we can get under MSRP that way. Lot stock is $10,000 over.
Maybe it is different with the American brands but with the big 3 European brands you’re still gonna going to pay a ADM.

I visited three Audi dealerships and all three GMs told me the same thing. If a S or RS model is ordered and arrives at their doc they are charging 10k adm. Mercedes and BMW were charging 5k on AMG and ///M.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Maybe it is different with the American brands but with the big 3 European brands you’re still gonna going to pay a ADM.

I visited three Audi dealerships and all three GMs told me the same thing. If a S or RS model is ordered and arrives at their doc they are charging 10k adm. Mercedes and BMW were charging 5k on AMG and ///M.

Their ICE is going away a lot sooner than American ICE.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1650291320527.png

robvas

Established Member
Dodge/Kia/Nissan will finance anyone I see
(I bet Mitsubishi is even worse)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick, am I reading this correctly?

New Honda's, Subarus, Mazda's are not only 1-2 points lower in average interest rate, BUT also $15k lower in average cost than Fords?
Correct. Definitely the type of buyer.

Could be much larger down payment so the transaction price is just the amount financed?

No, sales transaction price. Has nothing to do with cash down.

Users who are viewing this thread