using nittos at the track

cbrtrx

Established Member
how is everyone running with nittos at the track.What tire pressure, launch rpm and are you doing a burnout in the water box or are you just cleaning them off with a little wheelspin before you go.Ive tried 18 to 24 psi with similar results also tried long burnouts and small ones with same results as well.I tried to leave at 2500 to 3200 rpm and my 60 ft times are all about the same 2.0 , i know the track is not preped very well maybe i just need a better tire, any ideas

jimh

Established Member
I wouldn't do a burnout in the water box with any treaded tire. You'll just throw water up into the wheel well which will drip down later.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I did 20 psi, a pretty good burnout - got them smoking, slipping the clutch at about 2500-3000 rpms. Any higher than that and I spin.

fubu795

Banned
I run 18 PSI in them and do a burnout for about 10 seconds. Nittos LOVE to be heated. I wasn't heating them at the track hardly at all and finnaly some guy grabbed me and said you HAVE to heat them alot to work correctly. I listend to him and went from 12.55 to 11.97 :)

I also slip the clutch very hard at 5k, probrably not good on the clutch but who gives a $hit, just one more part to buy :)

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
If you dont heat them for a long time then why did you get them for looks???

Nittos suck unless you fry them!!!

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
have to agree. had a similar guy come up and tell me the same thing last night at sac raceway. i wasn't heating the nittos up enough and was running 12.3's. couldn't figure out what was wrong. than i remembered that i forgot to even drop the air pressure on my nittos. so basically i was running 28lbs on my tires at the track. i know if i had the right tire pressure and heated then up i'd drop at least a 1/2 second on my et. too bad they closed the track early so i couldn't find out what my time would have been. especially sucks because the conditions were prime as can be. i hate having a bad memory.

Users who are viewing this thread