V1 S-trim damaged/ need rebuilt?

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Well crappy day for my 93 GT. Long story short my new MSD 6 AL2 took a crap so I bypassed it and returned to stock. Now it finally started. I thought all was good. I let it warm up and and gave it a couple of revs to 55-6000 just to make sure all was good. Next thing I know I see steam next to the firewall on the passenger side. Look down to see antifreeze on the ground. I just installed new Trick Flow 190 heads, custom cam, and Holly II intake on the 53000 mile stock block. Maybe it blew a head gasket... I don’t know yet. Then I listen to the blower at idle and it sounds like an engine knock coming from it now!!!! Wonder if water went through it from the oil feed and wiped it out too? My question is does it sound like it needs new bearings or a complete rebuild in the s trim? I never heard the blower making a knocking noise before. Not a good day.....Was just finishing up a few loose ends before I took it to get tuned. I’ve been on a startup tune for 500 miles to break in the clutch before I hit the rollers. Just wanted an opinion on the s trim. Thanks

ssblubyyou

Established Member
It’s a used s trim. Very low serial # on it. Honestly it was probably one of the first s trims Vortech produced lol. I just installed it with renegade brackets though. It sounds like a rod knocking in it at idle all of a sudden. Just curious as to what will need to be replaced in it and who to send it too?

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Good deal. I was searching around and found his website this morning at work. I was going to give him a call today but got busy. I will give him a ring Monday and hopefully get it repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread