Vacation in May - Going to Texas. Ideas?

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Yeah there are several in the Houston area and I am sure in Dallas too that rent full-auto. Quite a few ranges in ATX as well, know several rent, but not sure about full auto. I like Reds in Plflugerville, but don’t think they do full auto.

This one rents full auto

http://www.therangeaustin.com/

I remember when reds was cooks. Was not as friendly after red bought them out.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
If you happen to make it to Shlitterbahn it might be worth making a drive to Fredericksburg for some German beer and food. They have several shops to visit. You can sit in a micro brewery while the wife shops. They also have a festival once a month and some great flower farms you can visit if your into that. Lots of bed and breakfast places to stay. I try and make it once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get to Fredericksburg be sure to go to the museum of the pacific.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I remember when reds was cooks. Was not as friendly after red bought them out.

Oh wow, you go way back!

If you get to Fredericksburg be sure to go to the museum of the pacific.

Fredericksburg is awesome! Love the German food, atmosphere there. My wife and I stayed at a B&B there years ago, had a great time. That museum kicks ass!

OMB

Established Member
Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth is a local fave.
The Fixture on Magnolia in Fort Worth is owned/operated by Chef Ben Merrit...excellent!
Fort Worth has a FUN zoo as well.
Fort Worth Stock Yards has a lot of stuff to see and do.
Downtown Grapevine has a FUN Main St. Shops, restaurants, and wine tasting.

Have a Great Trip!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth is a local fave.
The Fixture on Magnolia in Fort Worth is owned/operated by Chef Ben Merrit...excellent!
Fort Worth has a FUN zoo as well.
Fort Worth Stock Yards has a lot of stuff to see and do.
Downtown Grapevine has a FUN Main St. Shops, restaurants, and wine tasting.

Have a Great Trip!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greetings.

Gravik

Established Member
I was in Dallas a couple weeks ago.

If you like Mexican food, hit up El Come Taco.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4a7191a

Established Member
I'm not a cowboys fan at all. But that stadium is worth a drive by or tour. It's massive.
Alot others have been mentioned, but totally fredricksburg is worth a day stop

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Chris, If you like history, check out the street where JFK was shot in Dallas, and the old book depository building which is a museum now on the sixth floor.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Check out the Hill Country area just west of Austin.

Marble Falls and Fredericksburg are both very scenic and nice little towns to visit. Also check out the Deep Eddy distillery in Dripping Springs and the Twisted X brewery. Good times.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Some awesome ideas guys. Can't thank you all enough for these suggestions.

Very excited to go to TX. We were considering to move there, provided we can find jobs and what not. Changing your home/place of work out of state isn't the easiest, but, let's see what happens, haha.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
If you happen to make it to Shlitterbahn it might be worth making a drive to Fredericksburg for some German beer and food. They have several shops to visit. You can sit in a micro brewery while the wife shops. They also have a festival once a month and some great flower farms you can visit if your into that. Lots of bed and breakfast places to stay. I try and make it once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you go to Fredericksburg, the Pacific War Museum is also located there. Badass museum to boot.

edityou guys beat me to the museum lol. Still, it is worth going to.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Very excited to go to TX. We were considering to move there, provided we can find jobs and what not. Changing your home/place of work out of state isn't the easiest, but, let's see what happens, haha.

I relocated here 12 years ago. Sold my house in Iowa and never looked back. Best thing I've done in my life.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yes unlike the People being run by Chicago, Illinois Texas you can own almost anything minus Nuclear weapons in Texas I know of a guy that has a Sherman I think it's an A4 as it has a short 75mm, M-18 Hellcat, and a M7 Priest that lives there. and they all have fully functioning armament.
if they have all this shit they have special permits. you can't just up and buy that shit and keep it around.

Some awesome ideas guys. Can't thank you all enough for these suggestions.

if you come to Austin plan on having dinner at the OASIS. really a great relaxing place on a lake

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Bumping this.

Super excited about this. Little over a month away. Cannot wait to get to TX and start messing around and having a blast.

We are definitely going to the Oasis and I'm going to try and buy my way into a lake front seat with the wife, as we will be hitting our 5-year marriage anniversary and 15 years of being together.

I've looked up a few distilleries that we plan on hitting and coffee places, since we are coffee snobs and I'm a bourbon fanatic.

-Chris

bglf83

Established Member
if they have all this shit they have special permits. you can't just up and buy that shit and keep it around.

if you come to Austin plan on having dinner at the OASIS. really a great relaxing place on a lake
Actually not really any regulation on tanks. Libs do not worry about it because only the rich can get a tank. Just like only the rich can legally own a machine gun.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
ifi-ever-win-the-lotto-ill-still-be-an-asshole-5023019.png

Users who are viewing this thread