Vaccum sources and other misc.

Prostyle

Established Member
Okay guys i need some help. Im getting close to finishing my car. Just a few things left to do that I need help with.

Where are good places to tap into for my bov, and wastegate?

PART_1295758901727.jpg

^^^^^^ in the pic what do i do with the pcv valve and the black tube? Idk where to connect those too.

Any help would be great guys.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
well

I'm new to mustangs but I have a few comments.

You can just T into an existing vacuum source anywhere. If it were mine I would just put a breather filter at the pcv. Then use the stock nipple that was for the pcv for your vacuum source.

Also if you are still running a MAF you should vent the BOV back to the intake stream if the BOV is located after the MAF in your flow of air. If you blow off metered air you will run rich for a split second every time the BOV opens. This will foul plugs in a hurry. It can also cause stalling if shifting from high revs to neutral. Believe me that is no fun at 120 on a curving offramp when the powersteering goes out because the motor shut off.

Last edited:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
There are a few vaccum ports that will work perfectly for the bov and wastegate that are behind/below the throttle body/back corner of the upper intake.

As far as the black tube, it must be connected to the tube that runs up to your throttle body, after the maf though. Here's a pic of my car, and your's should be similar. You can see where I connected that tube with a piece of 3/4" heater hose right at the bend just before the coupler at the throttle body.
P1150057.jpg

The pcv should probably be connected to a catch can set up, especially considering you are running fi. On my car I ran a line from each valve cover pcv to a catch can that is behind my front bumper on the passenger side. Drain it when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread