Valuation Help--2003 SVT Terminator, 1,900 miles, One Owner

CPTUS1

Hi All,

My father passed a number a years ago and I think it's time to let go of his beauty. My dad loved this car...sadly, he just never had time to drive it. I wish I enjoyed muscle cars as much as him... Everything is original, it has never seen rain, has only been stored in a tempered garage. Would any experts here mind providing me with a valuation? I sincerely appreciate your help!
IMG_1272.jpg
IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1271.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I would agree with starting around mid 30's because of very low mileage. However, that is around the highly desirable color range (i.e. MC or SB or CO). So, I would say start at mid 30's, but you will probably end up around 29K or 30K. Also, the holiday season is coming up and most folks are not focusing on buying a muscle car right now.

So, you might have to hang on to it for a little while to get those prices.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
First off sorry for your loss. That is a beautiful DSG Cobra, if you have documentation, even some paperwork, I’d start around 32-33K not the best time of the year to sell. I could easily see it bringing anywhere between 30-32K to the right buyer and time of year being a factor too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
I would agree with starting around mid 30's because of very low mileage. However, that is around the highly desirable color range (i.e. MC or SB or CO). So, I would say start at mid 30's, but you will probably end up around 29K or 30K. Also, the holiday season is coming up and most folks are not focusing on buying a muscle car right now.

So, you might have to hang on to it for a little while to get those prices.

First off sorry for your loss. That is a beautiful DSG Cobra, if you have documentation, even some paperwork, I’d start around 32-33K not the best time of the year to sell. I could easily see it bringing anywhere between 30-32K to the right buyer and time of year being a factor too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What these two said. If you can wait till spring you should fetch a few K more. I love DSG just not one of the most sought after colors. Low to mid $30s but may go as low as $28K this time of year.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Also to get super top $, you say "everything is original". To a top shelf low mile collector, they potentially will want to know if the tires are original (with proper date codes), original battery, and even oil filter. These dont need to still be on the car, in service, but included. As others have also mentioned, the more paperwork the better (everything! registrations, inspection receipts, service recorts, original bill of sale, warranty cards, 2nd set of keys, even a sales brochute, SVT certificate etc. etc etc)

SVTXTC

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay you for it to be honest. To find someone to pay in the 30’s would be a home run. Most likely you get something starting with a 2x,xxx. Unless it’s a die hard collector who really wants a bone stock car....I don’t know if anyone here remembers what it’s like to drive a bone stock one but I would be bored after the first pull.....700+rwhp ones can be had for that type of coin. I have invested interest in keeping these values high....get as much as you can!

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Sorry for your loss.

I am also in the 32-34k camp. 1 owner brings a premium. That color however not so much.....

Maybe start with trying to list it for 34,999? Maybe offer to meet a buyer half way on shipping costs at that price.

Good Luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll add that you should be patient in waiting to get what you feel is a fair, top price. The low mileage aspect is important. There are fewer and fewer Terminator being offered for sale with mileage under 5K. 1,900 miles is going to be attractive to the buyer looking for super low mileage. While DSG isn't as popular as the other paint colors mentioned, it IS popular. I think you'll do very well on your dad's Cobra. Wait until Spring and be patient.

Very sorry about losing your dad.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I would say keep it. If that’s not in the cards, you’ve already hung onto it for awhile... hang onto it a bit longer and sell in the spring.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
While DSG isn't as popular as the other paint colors mentioned, it IS popular. I think you'll do very well on your dad's Cobra. Wait until Spring and be patient.

I agree with you Bob. In the community it is not high on the list of desired colors, but DSG is the color I coveted when I was in the market, but none were available. So, as usual, I'm in the minority on color choice, but DSG is my favorite Terminator color.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Sorry about Dad.

I say 40k firm

It’s been debated since it came out on if these would ever become something to hold on to.

To me Talking list price 18yrs later has to say something all on its own

Fortunately I was able to use mine

422k in stock form I cannot complain and nowhere near bored 500k will happen.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with you Bob. In the community it is not high on the list of desired colors, but DSG is the color I coveted when I was in the market, but none were available. So, as usual, I'm in the minority on color choice, but DSG is my favorite Terminator color.
I should have said that my own Terminator was DSG, and DSG was my favorite Terminator color. I loved it so much that I went with almost the identical color on my 2019 Genesis G70. ;)

CPTUS1

Also to get super top $, you say "everything is original". To a top shelf low mile collector, they potentially will want to know if the tires are original (with proper date codes), original battery, and even oil filter. These dont need to still be on the car, in service, but included. As others have also mentioned, the more paperwork the better (everything! registrations, inspection receipts, service recorts, original bill of sale, warranty cards, 2nd set of keys, even a sales brochute, SVT certificate etc. etc etc)
Thank you for that. Yes, I have everything my dad kept. I have the SVT key chain, window sticker, second key. I appreciate the help and will keep all of it together for the next person. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread