Valvoline 5w-30 Maxlife blend for a Ford + ATP AT-205 to slow or eliminate a leak?

Troy (The Oil Beast) if you're around please chime in when you can and of course it goes without saying all are welcome to chime in with your insight on high mileage oils.

Beast, based on my recollection I think it was back in 2012 - 2013 you mentioned your fondness for Valvoline Maxlife high mileage oil and how you used this oil in your GF's leaking Jaguar in conjunction with a stop leak, that you indicated you didn't recall by name.

I've had a real bad oil leak on my '02 Escape. After about 700 miles of driving after adding Valvoline Maxlife 5w-30 and a bottle of ATP AT-205, my leak appears to be gone.

My Escape is just over 107k. Previously, I attempted to 'tackle' the oil leaking issue with a 10w-30 oil from Mobil 1. It wasn't their HM concoction. But erroneously followed the thought pattern that a slightly thicker oil would slow the oil leak. No success with this approach.

The long and short of it, since you stay current with the additives being put into oils..., do you still see Valvoline Maxlife as the best of the best of High Mileage oils in 2016?

I spend a good amount of time on BITOG and it seems that quite a few of the oil shamans even rank Pennzoil High Mileage and Qauker State Defy as above Valvoline Maxlife, for high mileage oils.

So what say you and everyone else?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread