Rovos Durbans or Varrstoen ES9s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svt_vnenoso

Established Member
Finally ditched the Rovos after two years. They had a good run.

Wheel Specs for Varrstoen ES9

Finish: Hyper Black
Front: 18 x 9.5 +22 w/ 275 35 R888R
Rear: 18 x 10.5 +22 w/ 305 35 R888

The rear has a 3/4" MM Hubcentric Spacer and ARP extended studs. The rear fenders have been rolled and I have the MM low profile IRS bolts. The car is lowered on an Eibach Pro-kit. The front isos have been removed. The rears still have the bottom one.

svt_vnenoso

Established Member
Video is well done. I prefer the Rovos personally, but it's your car and rims are a very personal choice. I'd really like the Rovos with the finish of the ES9s.

Respect.

I definitely agree with you, like many car mods, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

One of the main reasons I made the switch was clearance for a BBK (Big Break Kit). I had a couple buddies tell me that the Durban's inner barrel prevent you from running the Fully Torqued Racing 07-12 GT500 Brembo Kit or anything similar.

svt_vnenoso

Established Member
cobra emblems are backward.

Not sure if trolling or serious but ok...

I've read about this many years ago and the consensus was that some did in fact come off the line that way. Mine did not.

Even if mine did come like that, I would've personally taken a heat gun and a fishing line to it because aesthetically it wouldn't appeal to me. With that said, to each their own.

::shrug::

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job with the video. When I first saw the old vs. new, I leaned towards the Rovos. But after watching the video and seeing the details of the Varrstoen ES9s, I prefer those. Both are nice looking, for sure, though. Like @Sonic605hp said, it's all about personal choice.

svt_vnenoso

Established Member
Nice job with the video. When I first saw the old vs. new, I leaned towards the Rovos. But after watching the video and seeing the details of the Varrstoen ES9s, I prefer those. Both are nice looking, for sure, though. Like @Sonic605hp said, it's all about personal choice.
I think most people will lean towards the Rovos initially because they're familiar and like Saleen's 5 spoke design it's a proven formula to make your car look good. I mean that's why I bought them initially lol

Other than the aforementioned reasons, too many people in my area started to buy them and to me they lost that spark.

Users who are viewing this thread