Vendor disappeared.. now what?

Twisted2v

Established Member
If the vendor is from New York I may be able to pull some information and help you with the court system.

Thanks, but he’s alive in California.

Snake tracked down affiliated websites or DBAs.

Dude then responded to Snake’s emblem request and the one I sent with a new email/fake name. Has not responded to the emails I sent regarding my emblem progress.

Good news is I found a new vendor. Then will press charges on the original guy.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's why Paypal is ur friend. U can link a debit card thru Paypal. Money order is just silly imo when there are so many other ways to pay. At least ur protected. But whatever water under the bridge now.....

U need to get more details on where this guy lives or where his company is located. Once u find that out u can make a Police report with either the State Police or local Police. Let the Detectives detect..... that's what they get paid to do but doing ur own homework before hand will expedite ur case.

Im sure the guy has a name and if he has a name then an arrest warrant can be issued if he's not dead. The Police have access to Death records. ALL deaths are entered into the state database thru the medical examiners office. Doesn't matter if he responds to the Police or not. Arrest warrants are issued all the time for incidents like this.

He will go to re-new his license or get pulled over for a traffic violation and be hauled off to jail THEN u can request restitution thru the Prosecutor. Im sure ur not the only one he scammed.

_Snake_

Established Member
That's why Paypal is ur friend. U can link a debit card thru Paypal. Money order is just silly imo when there are so many other ways to pay. At least ur protected. But whatever water under the bridge now.....

U need to get more details on where this guy lives or where his company is located. Once u find that out u can make a Police report with either the State Police or local Police. Let the Detectives detect..... that's what they get paid to do but doing ur own homework before hand will expedite ur case.

Im sure the guy has a name and if he has a name then an arrest warrant can be issued if he's not dead. The Police have access to Death records. ALL deaths are entered into the state database thru the medical examiners office. Doesn't matter if he responds to the Police or not. Arrest warrants are issued all the time for incidents like this.

He will go to re-new his license or get pulled over for a traffic violation and be hauled off to jail THEN u can request restitution thru the Prosecutor. Im sure ur not the only one he scammed.

Wholeheartedly agree. He’s very much alive and the OP has his name, address, email address, a lot of correspondence, and plenty of evidence to make things pretty bad for the guy.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Hell yeah, then we'll get to seem him cuffed on Live PD after the warrant pops up during a routine traffic stop lol.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

The internet claim is paypal over covers your back IF you pay via goods and services. So often scammers ask for "friends and family" so there's no 2.9% charge for them to receive the money, because there's no buyer protection.

Always use goods and services, and personally, I always back the funds with my credit card, not a debit card.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well yea that would kinda defeat the whole purpose of being protected wouldnt it? Kinda goes without saying. I send money to my Mother with no fees but not for an item im looking to be protected from otherwise why use Paypal?

Ur money is protected thru Paypal whether u use a debit card, credit card or bank transfer. Ur funds are backed by Paypal's insurance protection not ur choice of payment.

Which is why u cant simply "Cancel Payment" like one does with a credit card. Ur money is transferred immediately and unless its in "Pending or unclaimed" status u cant cancel payment. So there is no protection with ur CC its simply a form of payment.

The internet claim is paypal over covers your back IF you pay via goods and services. So often scammers ask for "friends and family" so there's no 2.9% charge for them to receive the money, because there's no buyer protection.

Always use goods and services, and personally, I always back the funds with my credit card, not a debit card.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Ur money is protected thru Paypal whether u use a debit card, credit card or bank transfer. Ur funds are backed by Paypal's insurance protection not ur choice of payment.

Using goods and services, you are correct.

However, if the seller ships me a rock and not an iphone, I contact paypal and they say "oh well, he shipped a 1.5lb box, that sounds right."...at that point I would rather deal with one call to my credit card and have they reverse the charge, than deal with a 1-800 number for Chase. When you have a good credit card, they take good care of you.

jbou91

Established Member
Well yea that would kinda defeat the whole purpose of being protected wouldnt it? Kinda goes without saying. I send money to my Mother with no fees but not for an item im looking to be protected from otherwise why use Paypal?

Which is why u cant simply "Cancel Payment" like one does with a credit card. Ur money is transferred immediately and unless its in "Pending or unclaimed" status u cant cancel payment. So there is no protection with ur CC its simply a form of payment.

You're all types of wrong my dude, you must be new to the internet/paypal. Paypal is an ass of a company and you DO get more protection when paying with a credit card rather than a debit card. Regardless, OP sent money nearly 2 years ago so he's kinda ****ed anyway.

Sorry for your loss OP

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No actually Paypal offers much better protection than ur CC company does.

However, if the seller ships me a rock and not an iphone, I contact paypal and they say "oh well, he shipped a 1.5lb box, that sounds right."...at that point I would rather deal with one call to my credit card and have they reverse the charge, than deal with a 1-800 number for Chase. When you have a good credit card, they take good care of you.

jbou91

Established Member

I agree

No actually Paypal offers much better protection than ur CC company does.

Wrong

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So what exactly am I wrong about? Please elaborate? And no u DONT get more protection from ur CC thats an old wives tale dude. Yea just call ur credit company up and they will refund ur money back instantly lmao..... If u believe that dude I got a bridge to sell ya.

PAYPAL offers the best protection period end of story!

Buddy filed a claim last year with CC company vs. going thru Paypal. Said it was too much drama lol and then waited 3 months to be told by his CC company that after an investigation into his claim thay havent found any proof of Fraud lmao. He could have filed a claim with Paypal and got it back in a week! THAT is how ur CC company will treat u.

You're all types of wrong my dude, you must be new to the internet/paypal. Paypal is an ass of a company and you DO get more protection when paying with a credit card rather than a debit card. Regardless, OP sent money nearly 2 years ago so he's kinda ****ed anyway.

Sorry for your loss OP

Kevins89notch

Established Member
PAYPAL offers the best protection period end of story!

Absolutely not. Period.

I forget the age old theory of paypay always sides with the buyer/seller. Don't recall which it is, but it's widely accepted.

I'll throw out an example of each. You buy an iphone, get the box and inside is a rock. Flipped around, you sell your new iphone, and the buyer claims they only got a rock.

It's a 50/50. Someone is lying. Paypal looks at some facts. Maybe shipping weight, box size, were there pictures of it being boxed, your history with paypal, etc....and they make a call.

Say you get screwed in this deal. Do you want to call some 800 number on your debit card, or a direct line number like on a Chase Sapphire Reserve card? Yes they will require proof, but the charge can be reversed right away, or at least suspended pending the investigation. Using a debit card, that money is gone till they give it back. I'll deal with a credit card over a debit card any day.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well u make some good points. Probably be-hoves one to make a claim with both and see which pays first.

Absolutely not. Period.

I forget the age old theory of paypay always sides with the buyer/seller. Don't recall which it is, but it's widely accepted.

I'll throw out an example of each. You buy an iphone, get the box and inside is a rock. Flipped around, you sell your new iphone, and the buyer claims they only got a rock.

It's a 50/50. Someone is lying. Paypal looks at some facts. Maybe shipping weight, box size, were there pictures of it being boxed, your history with paypal, etc....and they make a call.

Say you get screwed in this deal. Do you want to call some 800 number on your debit card, or a direct line number like on a Chase Sapphire Reserve card? Yes they will require proof, but the charge can be reversed right away, or at least suspended pending the investigation. Using a debit card, that money is gone till they give it back. I'll deal with a credit card over a debit card any day.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Well u make some good points. Probably be-hoves one to make a claim with both and see which pays first.

The credit card or bank will default to "have you tried working it out with paypal?" first. That's their first question. If you say yes, they will want screenshots of all the communications. Only after you're 100% ****ed via paypal, can you can move on to your bank or credit card.

I went this route when a flight was canceled because of a snowstorm thus I didn't make it to the hotel, which I booked at a discount, no refunds rate. Screenshots of the booking the policy were not enough, I had to email them, asking for a full refund, and their reply saying no, that had to be sent off to the credit card company.

Users who are viewing this thread