Vengeance 1000rwhp C7

Zemedici

Established Member
and since Vengeance has this car they are 'busy as hell' and have huge egos about it

Quoted my brother $22,500 for H/C/I/Full Exhaust on his c5z

and said 'we need to book 3-4 months ahead of time because they're THAT backed up'

Last edited:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
yessir!

Shoulda seen my face, My brother is new to corvettes and didnt know that was ungodly high, but I literally busted out laughing

I just don't get some of these places that charge that type of money, yes they do great work but DAMN

Zemedici

Established Member
I just don't get some of these places that charge that type of money, yes they do great work but DAMN

its taking off a set of heads and putting on an aftermarket already machined set, not $20,000 worth of difficulty. haha

BV600

Established Member
and since Vengeance has this car they are 'busy as hell' and have huge egos about it

and said 'we need to book 3-4 months ahead of time because they're THAT backed up'

Damn that's like $16k in labor

19935.slow

Established Member

Yeah, but that kit/price comes with a used low mileage c5 z06 right?

Voltwings

Established Member
Hennessey here in Houston quoted my friend like $12k to install a supercharger on his Boss. Absolutely no other work to the car, just putting a supercharger on it, its ridiculous the people that A. will pay this, or B. think thats a good price.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
yup! Said they'd need the car a week minimum too.

Shop's out of their mind on an ego trip since this 1000whp c7 they did.
Trust me, this build has nothing to do with their prices or work load. They were one of the best LSX builders in the country LONG before this car. They are just like Hennessey, Lingenfelter, LMR, Redline etc... They cater to people with deep pockets. For every person that laughs at the price, 2 pay it gladly. They don't want budget builds, there is no money to be had doing them.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Hennessey here in Houston quoted my friend like $12k to install a supercharger on his Boss. Absolutely no other work to the car, just putting a supercharger on it, its ridiculous the people that A. will pay this, or B. think thats a good price.

That's crazy. :nonono:

Zemedici

Established Member
Trust me, this build has nothing to do with their prices or work load. They were one of the best LSX builders in the country LONG before this car. They are just like Hennessey, Lingenfelter, LMR, Redline etc... They cater to people with deep pockets. For every person that laughs at the price, 2 pay it gladly. They don't want budget builds, there is no money to be had doing them.

There's also a medium between a $2500 H/C/I setup

and a $25,000 H/C/I setup.

Users who are viewing this thread