Vert roll bar/styling bar.

coposrv

Established Member
Going to check out a black convertible tomorrow afterwork. I don’t go to the track much but I’m looking into roll bars. I remember seeing a convertible 03 awhile back that had a custom roll bar built around a styling bar. I believe the car was black as well maybe a 10th anny. Does anyone remember it?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
Yes.

One or the other. Both is too much crap in the car. I never wanted a roll bar in my car but finally broke down and added a MM 6PT. Now, I actually like it. Makes the car feel so much tighter. I bought a second set of interior panels so I can swap between the roll bar and styling bar if I want.

20180907_121831_zpsu9n1ftnh.jpg

20180907_121839_zps4ilkkllv.jpg

20180907_121849_zpskwmgi5be.jpg

20150902_213721_zpsbfzxc226.jpg

20150902_213707_zpsg2da4vm1.jpg

Vs.

DSC02190_zps883e9b95.jpg

20150718_135227_RichtoneHDR_zpspbcln9i9.jpg

20150717_151828_RichtoneHDR_zpsm6pvs3ko.jpg

Last edited:

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I like the bottom . Look simple and and factory look . About the top , if I have to do that I might as well get a hard top
Yes.

One or the other. Both is too much crap in the car. I never wanted a roll bar in my car but finally broke down and added a MM 6PT. Now, I actually like it. Makes the car feel so much tighter. I bought a second set of interior panels so I can swap between the roll bar and styling bar if I want.

View attachment 1558429

View attachment 1558430

View attachment 1558431

View attachment 1558432

View attachment 1558433

Vs.

View attachment 1558434

View attachment 1558435

View attachment 1558436

coposrv

Established Member
I like the look of the styling bar. With the mm6 point are the back seats useless?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
03whitesnake, which one do you prefer? I have a CD light bar right now but as we know it isnt useful for chassis stiffeningof track safety. I keep thinking about a roll bar but my kids ride in the back. Can they still ride with the roll bar?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Yes.

View attachment 1558429

View attachment 1558430

View attachment 1558431

View attachment 1558432

View attachment 1558433

Vs.

View attachment 1558434

View attachment 1558435

View attachment 1558436
Very nice

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
Roll bar or styling bar? I have put a baby seat and a booster in my back seat. They fit together fine

Well both actually. I’d like the look of the styling bar but if I drop my built long block I’ll definitely need the roll bar and I like the extra stiffening that it provides but I still want to be able to cruise the car on the cape with the wife and bambino. I thought I’ve seen pics here if guys who had both installed.

D-MANN

Established Member
I have a MM 6 point in my vert. Did some padding but i have never put anyone not even my dog in the back seat. Having your head ring off the bar even in a low speed crash/bump could do some serious damage. Never would i take that chance. I make enough power i need that protection and to be legal to run the 1/4 mile. Its basically a two seater car now but i can easily live with that. I had a styling bar years ago but in a roll over that aint doing anything for you.
1b165da678c75f55f724a88fd01662f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
This is what I thought, guess I'll have to wait a little longer. Love the look of the styling bar but need the benefits of the 6pt

03' White Snake

Established Member
03whitesnake, which one do you prefer? I have a CD light bar right now but as we know it isnt useful for chassis stiffeningof track safety. I keep thinking about a roll bar but my kids ride in the back. Can they still ride with the roll bar?

Personally I would not put a person in the back with a roll bar, the harness bar is right in front of them and would get messed up pretty bad in any kind of accident. Styling bar is fine with passengers in the back. I have actually built my own seat delete so I don't run backseat anymore.

Stiffness, the roll bar is much better than a styling bar.

coposrv

Established Member
Personally I would not put a person in the back with a roll bar, the harness bar is right in front of them and would get messed up pretty bad in any kind of accident. Styling bar is fine with passengers in the back. I have actually built my own seat delete so I don't run backseat anymore.

Stiffness, the roll bar is much better than a styling bar.

I’ll be using this car as more of a cruiser to the cape and golf course with a few hits here and there. I like the added safety and rigidity a roll bar will add but if it forces me to lose the back seats it’s not an option.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports sells a roll bar with removable harness bar, however it’s not NMRA legal. But it’s easily removable when you want to use the back seats.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
2C138533-BE1C-47A2-BA13-F3354A6E4577.jpeg
4 point Maximum Motorsports roll bar here and love it. They have 2 versions of the 4 point. One WITH the seatbelt harness bar and one WITHOUT. Get the one WITH it just in case you ever put race seats in it WITH the 5 point harness belts in it. You'll need this harness bar for your belts. I recently went this route and in the process removed my factory seatbelts and had the roll bar powder coated gloss black. I have one bad pic, can get more if anyone cares

coposrv

Established Member
More please! I looked at the car, put a deposit and wrote up a bill of sale. VERY CLEAN underneath and 7-10 paint. Weird story and the car has issues. Long story short the car wasn’t exactly as advertised but we agreed to a stupid low price, my spare drivetrain is going into it. I’m full speed ahead into the vert life now.

Users who are viewing this thread