[VET HNTR] vs. C6 ZO6 [The Rematch!]

svt2z06

11 Second Club
Established Member
Was that a 7.9 to 8.1 in the 1/8th? I couldn't read the board that well. If so, your are both off pace a bit . . . More practice and you will bring those ETs down!

Actually the vette's time was 8.8 @ 81. Thats actually the worst time I have ever seen from a c6 Z (and I've seen some bad ones).

Either way the OP still owned him...good kill.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
All the C6 ZO6's ran best times of 8.3's in the 1/8 when I was there.

If I can coax an 8.27 8th out of an 03 with catback and JLT on radials, then these guys need to get some seat time. That isn't very good. Just goes to show once again that races aren't run on paper. You still won and that is all that matters.

svt2z06

11 Second Club
Established Member
I've only run 1/4 mile times at Fontana, but the conditions are usually much worse there than at Irwindale. Looking thru my timeslips my slowest 1/8 time is 8.2 @ 90 and my fastest was 7.4 @ 94. My car is bone stock on stock runflats.

Not all C6 Z06 drivers are slow:beer:

6D9

Established Member
I've only run 1/4 mile times at Fontana, but the conditions are usually much worse there than at Irwindale. Looking thru my timeslips my slowest 1/8 time is 8.2 @ 90 and my fastest was 7.4 @ 94. My car is bone stock on stock runflats.

Now thats alot better...good times!

SVTBMG

Banned

Who cares if he in this example. You still have a ZO6 and i would much rather have your car then mine:beer: I would sell my girlfriend into Slavery to get one. Also I hate that you have a black one. that is what I want dammit! Get some decent tire on their like Pilot sport cup tires or some Nitto 01's and then see what happens. i think you will be shocked.

Us cobra guys have to make a ton more power to beat a stock one or remove a butt load of weight out of the car which can be just as expensive as adding the power alone. I am caught in this conundrum currently. trying to decide if it is even worth it to try.

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
See this is the part I hate about kill stories..
Yes its a win , but if the guy dosent know what the F*** hes doing than really to me its not a kill.
I can race a 1000 hp Mustang and if I beat him but know he was a terrible driver than for me its not really a win, just some play time..
The other guy racing you has to somewhat know what hes doing...:beer:
At the end of the day a win is a win ..:beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Yes its a win , but if the guy dosent know what the F*** hes doing than really to me its not a kill.
I can race a 1000 hp Mustang and if I beat him but know he was a terrible driver than for me its not really a win, just some play time..
The other guy racing you has to somewhat know what hes doing...:beer:
At the end of the day a win is a win ..:beer:

I actually believe that it's quite the opposite... What's the use of having a fast car if you don't know how to drive it?

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I actually believe that it's quite the opposite... What's the use of having a fast car if you don't know how to drive it?

Actually its called MAKING IT IN LIFE AND DOING WHAT THE F*** YOU WANT!
Its called having money to burn!:burnout:
Nothing towards you but there are thousands of rich guys out there with fast cars that dont know how to drive among other things..

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Actually its called MAKING IT IN LIFE AND DOING WHAT THE F*** YOU WANT!
Its called having money to burn!:burnout:
Nothing towards you but there are thousands of rich guys out there with fast cars that dont know how to drive among other things..

That's my point. LOL

Patrick actually does know how to drive and has taken multiple racing classes, but he spins half way down the track due to shitty run flats.

HOSTIL

Established Member
Nice kill!!!

Racing 1/8 mile has gotta sux?:shrug:
i guess chi-town is lucky! No 1/8 mile tracks around hear I've ever heard of?

bunk22

Established Member

Thats a load of crap. When two guys line up, one will win, one will lose. Doesn't matter if one guy can't drive. To ****ing bad. It is what it is. The C6Z driver needs to learn to drive his car and rack up some experience. May the best car or driver win. In this case, it was Sir RicCus. He won, the better driver :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread