Veteran must surrender emotional support dog

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Read at least a few of these "HOA" stories a week whether it be about flags, trees, lights, etc. etc. I don't know why anyone would want to live in a community where idiots on a power trip live to enforce rules about what color my front door can be painted.

Hope the Vet gets to keep his best friend and hope the HOA drives their hybrid bus off a cliff on the way to the vegan farmers market.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Retirement communities are and will be the next social conformity experience. I see it at the in laws place. Liberty and personal property rights are disappearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
6 pounds over? Give me a break. Who was the ****wit asshole that brought this to the HOA attention? Or the douchenozzle HOA member that decided to through with this?

Thank god the HOA I live under is very lax. Sadly, most of Florida is turning to HOA run places, depending on where you live.

SVTStampede

Established Member
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing".

Robert E. Howard

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
i read the article, pretty obvious as to what happened. his dog lunged at some dickhead power-tripping officers' cucky weinerdog. that, and it barks a lot (either bored of just doing his job). i notice that his dog "looks scary" aka a possible pit bull mixed breed sog, so i really doubt how much this has to do with dog weight.

additional info, HUD will consider whether the case violates fair-housing laws by forcing the widower to surrender the animal despite a psychologist’s recommendation he keep the dog: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-bz-veteran-dog-hud-20180103-story.html

gta roger

Established Member
A few years back my wife and I were planning to move to Florida. After we looked for a few months and checked out the laws there we decided to stay in Michigan.To many HOA's and few places to live without someone telling us how to live.Also told they would not let me get my pain meds refilled ,they wanted to do procedures instead.I've all ready had 3 back surgeries and was told by some of the top surgeons at U of M There is nothing that surgery can do to fix my back and stop the pain. They told me to control my weight,exercise, and take my pain meds as needed.Roger

tistan

Established Member
“Every pet that needs to go suddenly morphs into an ESA [emotional support animal],” she said. “It’s the same old routine.”

In all fairness, I have to agree with this statement. With quacks diagnosing everyone as defective in some way, it isn't hard to get your pet labeled as an emotional support animal. It is just another way around the rules. If your community doesn't allow dogs over 35# then don't get a dog that is going to be over 35#, or move into community where it is allowed. I can't stand a dog that barks continuously. I have a 1 and a 3 year old dog, if my dog bark for more than a minute or two I am out the door to find out why. At this point my dogs rarely require me getting up. If there is extended barking it means I need to get up and see why. If I lived in a condo and my neighbors dog barked a lot, I would lose my shit. Most cities have ordinances against barking dogs. Also, the weight limit is there to prevent large dogs from disturbing the people living in an apartment or condo below from hearing the dogs running and banging around.

Another thing the story doesn't say is how long the owner has lived in the condo. It does say that his children were raising the dog until they were cited by their association. As of a year ago, this wasn't an emotional support dog while the children were caring for it, but in 2015 it was? What did this guy do while his children were caring for the dog? Did he not need the support anymore?

"Orlando Veteran Administration psychologist Matthew Waesche wrote in an October 2015 letter that Brady was under his care and that the dog appears to help keep his owner’s mental health issues in remission."

Users who are viewing this thread