vette owner+ricer mentality= hilarity

bmfgsxr

Established Member
so i recently traded up my Lightning for an evo mainly due to fuel mileage, and being able to use it in all weather conditions.. anyhow, im cruising to work this morning and i see the same vette that went ripping past me on the highway yesterday morning. so im thinking today im gonna see if he wants to play. its an older vette probably a late 90's model or 2000 not sure when they changed body styles.. anyway, we are making our way through some traffic when he finally hits it good and i ran him down and had to back off then he hit it again and i ran him down again and had to back off.. then i kind of let him go on his way and slowed down.. i ended up passing him as he was getting off the exit and he put his window down and gave me the finger.. lol, i pointed and laughed at him.. he was an older guy around 40ish with a shirt and tie on.. i couldnt do anything but laugh at him in his ugly ass teal vette.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
loooool He wants to **** around, but not be ****ed with. This one night, my friend and I coincidentaly ran into eachother at the intersection near my home, we were both on our way to my cousins home. I take off first, and he was right behind me, but this Civac cuts him off, and tried to race him. My friend gunned it, and since having the torque advantage, showed the Civac up for stupid. The civic rolled down his window, and gave the thumbs down like my friend lost. I swear, ricers just make me laugh, im glad they exist though, it distinguishes us from them. wo0t.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
MoToCoBrA said:
Its gay to run someone down anyways IMO...

sounds like someone ran you down once and your bitter about it huh. lol

i just think its funny when this clown had to give the finger.. i suppose he was mad he couldnt outrun a 4 cyl. car.. he takes the same route i do on a regular basis, so i think ill run him down again just for you.. ;)

bmfgsxr

Established Member
yeah, just wasnt using the L enough, and when i did it cost an arm and a leg to fill it up.. ill have another one someday, but for now the evo is pretty cool.

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
sounds like someone ran you down once and your bitter about it huh. lol

not yet... Its not that easy to run me down :D

bmfgsxr said:
i just think its funny when this clown had to give the finger.. i suppose he was mad he couldnt outrun a 4 cyl. car.. he takes the same route i do on a regular basis, so i think ill run him down again just for you.. ;)

lol i was j/k....but i just cant afford the gas it takes to do that. damn 60 lbs injectors :(

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
05_Evolution said:
Nice! You did the same thing I did! Trade the L in for an Evo w/ SSL

That makes three of us, lol.

Nice run down dude! I am glad you are getting some solid use out of the Evo. Now it's time to get a TBE, MBC, intake and tune to get to 320-330 AWHP.:thumbsup:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
MoToCoBrA said:
not yet... Its not that easy to run me down :D

lol i was j/k....but i just cant afford the gas it takes to do that. damn 60 lbs injectors :(

the cobra is a strong car. i actually thought about buying one, but i wouldnt be able to use it in the winter, and the fuel mileage wouldnt have been as good as the evo.. :beer:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Juice33 said:
That makes three of us, lol.

Nice run down dude! I am glad you are getting some solid use out of the Evo. Now it's time to get a TBE, MBC, intake and tune to get to 320-330 AWHP.:thumbsup:

those will be my first mods.. considering those 3 simple mods can get these cars running 12.0 flat you cant argue with that.. after this run this morning i was wishing i had another gear though..

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
those will be my first mods.. considering those 3 simple mods can get these cars running 12.0 flat you cant argue with that.. after this run this morning i was wishing i had another gear though..

Nah, the 6 speed isn't geared too much better that the 5 speed, but if you can get the older gear ratio for the 5 speed (03-05), then you will be the most happy. I believe Buschur has put together a tranny package for the 5 speeds that will be killer (stronger and with the better gears). And the 5 speed is stronger than the 6 speed, 4 th gear breaks a lot when road racing with the 6.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i actually wanted the 5 speed because it is stronger.. i am glad to hear that the 6 isnt geared much taller though.. you have to shift often in these cars enough with the 5 speed, a 6 would be even more so.. although the 5 speed is still good for just over 150mph topped out isnt it?

id love to ultimately build a 2.3 stroker with a gt35r turbo, built tranny and diff's too.. but i dont know if ill ever get to that point.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
A C5 Corvette with its stock 345-350hp LS1 and low curbweight, is more than a match for a stock Evo on the highway.

Not doubting you. But had it been a real race, rather than just a "run down", you may have had some trouble. Evos are not all that great from roll-on. I used to whoop on them with my SRT-4.

:shrug:

Mod away.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i dont doubt that they run good.. i saw a similar vette yesterday and asked the guy what year it was and he replied with 96'.. it looked the same as the one i was messing with, so i dont know how long that body style stayed around.. i know evo's arent the best from a roll, but he did stomp on it, and i did run him down.. its not like he was way ahead, i was right behind him and he was trying to outrun me, and i didnt let it happen.. maybe he was a pussyfoot and didnt get into it for that long, but you could certainly tell he tried to run.

as far as whooping up on evo's in your srt4 i imagine you were going against the viii which isnt the same as the ix in stock. based on your sig, you would have needed a lot more to hang with the ix.. although i do realize that srt4's strong point is the roll on.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Then it was a C4 . The last year of the C4's where 1996 and stock they run a high 13 on average...Nice Kill!!!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, since when does the Evo get good gas mileage :) If you floor it in that car its pretty bad, I think our Z06 got better gas mileage than our Evo did. Its funny because my buddy bought an 06 Evo and a few months after he was like damn, the gas mileage on these things suck.

BTW... I never had a problem with an SRT4 in my Evo, granted I had all the bolts on + cams and built tranny.

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I can see why you got an AWD car living in NY. I live in MA and the weather can be quite terrible but I am addicted to v8's.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
c6 vette, thanks for the clarification.. although i really dont consider it a kill since we didnt line up.. i have yet to get to line up against someone, and i never even got to really line up against someone in my Lightning either.. its a shame really, but most of my encounters are on the highway back and forth from work. sometimes ill actually get lined up with someone but its always on the highway at a rolling speed. this situation was just him in front of me trying to outrun me is all.

quik z06, since i do a lot of driving for work (my commuting is 625miles a week) that is mostly highway im just taking it easy, not boosting like mad or anything, and ive been getting between 23-25mpg on all my fillups so far.. i realize if im out ripping through town looking to race anything that moves it wont be so good, but for what im doing its great. doing the same kind of driving in my Lightning was getting me an average of 12.5 mpg (but it was slightly modded).

phlobus, im addicted to v8's also. and it was a tough decision to trade in my Lightning as i loved that truck more than any other vehicle i ever had. and the raw v8 hp is a thing of beauty.. but it just wasnt working for me from a practical standpoint.. i do have to say that i love this evo, and its grown on me quite a bit.. and with gas prices being what they are, and going where they are going im really starting to like this 4cyl. turbo hp.. kind of reminds me of my 2 stroke dirtbikes.. its tame in the low rpms, but feels like you get shot out of a cannon when the power comes on.

Users who are viewing this thread