Vice President Mike Pence said the U.S. will return astronauts to the moon within five years...

Rct851

Established Member
About 90% from the last 2012 research that I seen.

That’s about what I thought. So essentially we know jack shit about our own planet but we’re going to mars etc lol.

I am alllll for a big budget space program but it feels like we’re getting smoke blown up our ass about what’s actually possible no matter what the budget

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s about what I thought. So essentially we know jack shit about our own planet but we’re going to mars etc lol.

I am alllll for a big budget space program but it feels like we’re getting smoke blown up our ass about what’s actually possible no matter what the budget
There are so many different factors as to why we haven’t explored every square inch of our planet. So we shouldn’t set our sights on exploration outside our planet?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
If we can’t make a livable base at the bottom of the ocean you can’t convince me we’re doing some real space travel

I'm no sciencematician, but considering space is in a vacuum, and the depths of the ocean are under immense pressure, creating a remote "base" under the ocean would have an entirely different set of challenges versus a remote base in space. We don't even have submarines that can go near the deeper parts of the ocean floor. We do have space ships that can exist in a vacuum.

I think the underlying importance of space travel is, if the human race is to survive as a species, we need to figure out a way to get off this rock.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Until we figure out a way to build large enough vessels that can withstand the pressures, we are not sending anyone to the deepest depths of the oceans.

Coiled03

Established Member
NEVER went the first time and still don't have the technology to go.....land.....relaunch and come back alive......BIG WASTE of money to even attempt it!!:cool:

Oh JFC.....really?

Until we figure out a way to build large enough vessels that can withstand the pressures, we are not sending anyone to the deepest depths of the oceans.

Just build that bitch outta unobtainium.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
We left the moon almost 50 years ago, and science has progressed a great deal. Someone earlier posted about ice on the moon’s polar caps and the need for establish a camp there first prior to going to Mars. I do think it’s important to explore and colonize while continuing to fix issues on Earth.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You're right, the far right, the vocal Christians, why would they want to help the poor. **** them, that's what Jesus would say, right?
Dumb argument is dumb. I'm not even religious dude. Frankly until we take away free will and control what people put into their bodies, I don't feel like forking over a shit ton of tax money to take care of poor life decision people. I don't mind funding innovation and exploration.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Dumb argument is dumb. I'm not even religious dude. Frankly until we take away free will and control what people put into their bodies, I don't feel like forking over a shit ton of tax money to take care of poor life decision people. I don't mind funding innovation and exploration.

Except we already pay MORE than other countries, preventative care is CHEAPER, and you ARE paying more for those making poor decisions already as any ER can not turn down people. So homeless Joe walks in, gets care, never pays, and they tack his bill onto the rate you pay for a broken leg.

MG0h3

Established Member
Except we already pay MORE than other countries, preventative care is CHEAPER, and you ARE paying more for those making poor decisions already as any ER can not turn down people. So homeless Joe walks in, gets care, never pays, and they tack his bill onto the rate you pay for a broken leg.

So all of us rich folk already pay for the poor people’s healthcare.

Glad you admitted that. Thanks.

If the gov takes over, it’ll cost more than any profits a private insurer takes plus it’ll take forever to get anything done. Good plan dude

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
You're right, the far right, the vocal Christians, why would they want to help the poor. **** them, that's what Jesus would say, right?

Bringing Jesus into your argument isn't going to help you because Jesus never commanded us to use the government as a means to take money from your neighbor to take care of the poor. He commanded us to do it as individuals by our own free will and choice. You guys love that argument but it completely defeats the purpose of generosity. Liberals don't actually want to give from their own pocket but they want to brag about how they support and vote for making the government do it for them, but it never happens. Bunch of virtue signaling is all it is.

Government funds are better spent on discovery and exploration in hopes of discovering or creating a better world for us. Not squandering it on programs that won't actually fulfill their intended purposes.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
You should edit this. You admitted we pay for poor people a few posts down.

So which is it?

The homeless get free care. The working class, 1 paycheck away from being broke, they are the ones that get ****ed. PLenty here probably fall into that group but won't admit it. Not all of SVTP is picking up a new GT350. I think something like over half of Americans' don't have $1,000 for an emergency. Financial ruin is what they deserve, right? How dare their kid break a leg playing in a park?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Bringing Jesus into your argument isn't going to help you because Jesus never commanded us to use the government as a means to take money from your neighbor to take care of the poor.

Except you pay taxes for roads, school, the police, etc all which function pretty well.

It's not like the whole rest of the modern world has a better form of healthcare while we sit here getting ****ed by major corporations.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Except you pay taxes for roads, school, the police, etc all which function pretty well.

It's not like the whole rest of the modern world has a better form of healthcare while we sit here getting ****ed by major corporations.

So the poor are now a utility or amenity that we need to pay for? What point were you trying to make with that?

Coiled03

Established Member

Roads are trash nearly everywhere.
Our schools are falling further and further behind in world rankings.
The police....well, we won't get started on that.
Tell me again how those things are functioning well?

And you're right....the rest of the world DOESN'T have a better form of healthcare that doesn't involving taxing the ever-loving shit out of its citizens.

You don't have the first damn clue about healthcare. You prove it every time the topic comes up. Your argument is, the people that haven't made stupid ****ing decisions should pay for everyone else because......sympathy, I guess?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
You don't have the first damn clue about healthcare. You prove it every time the topic comes up. Your argument is, the people that haven't made stupid ****ing decisions should pay for everyone else because......sympathy, I guess?

Except I have coworkers from other countries and friends living in Europe, so yes, I have first hand stories of how their health care systems work.

You know what a majority of gofundme campaigns are for? Healthcare, because our system is pathetic. You're free to think what you want though.

Users who are viewing this thread