Vid as requested of SVT Pille VS DVJ38

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
The outcome was expected, but we're friends and we had a good time. I don't care if I win or lose lol it's all good.

[youtube_browser]K1j7udzBAjU&feature[/youtube_browser]

Also, that's my friends youtube channel. Don't be afraid to subscribe he's always posting stuff up of all different kinds of cars, car shows, races, etc.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
2.73 gears, why so low? Nice races!

Well I actually bought this car for fuel economy at high speeds so I figured I'd optimize the gear ratios in order to cruise at 90-100 mph at barely over 2k rpms. :D

Haha but seriously I had 4.30's in there before and the car felt much faster with them. Now the car is a dog until about 35 or so lol. First goes to 55, second goes to 90, third goes to 130, and not sure after that lol. I had to make the 15 hour drive to mustang week and the rear end with the 4.30's would whine loudly at cruise, so I wasn't dealing with that. I put in a rear end my freind had from his old fox body. We were assuming it had 3.08s but when we spun it, it went about 2 3/4 times around hahaha. I got 30 mpg though and kept the rpms nice and low. It's funny I went from one end of the spectrum to the other lol. It's also almost like I got rid of my first gear and added a sixth gear if that makes sense.

I'll be building my original rear end this winter though with a more midrange gear like a 3.73. :beer:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Danng pille is runnin all sorts of 97 cobras this week :D

Ya so I heard it was neck and neck with you two? WHERE'S THE VID?!:D You have longtubes, full exhaust, intake, MMR intake manifold and 4.30's?

(Stock heads and cams though :-D)

lafeva

Established Member
Yep that's my setup more or less. Wut speed did we start pille? I feel like it was lowww in my third gear(my speedo is not accurate ) we gotta do some more runs at different speeds. Ie from a dig :)

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Gotta love the sweet sound of a 5.0... Nice run.

My Bro has a '95 Cobra that's got a few tricks under the hood, can't wait to run him with my 4.10's! :) The stock 3.08's are like rowin' a boat! :)

Any more videos of these snakes?

SVT Pille

Established Member
Gotta love the sweet sound of a 5.0... Nice run.

My Bro has a '95 Cobra that's got a few tricks under the hood, can't wait to run him with my 4.10's! :) The stock 3.08's are like rowin' a boat! :)

Yeappp... Enjoy!
[youtube_browser]WTiVDZ3iGdo[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good runs! I'm a big fan of the SN95 cars, but they never get enough love it seems.

SVT Pille, your car sounds badass in that video you posted.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Yep that's my setup more or less. Wut speed did we start pille? I feel like it was lowww in my third gear(my speedo is not accurate ) we gotta do some more runs at different speeds. Ie from a dig :)

Oh jeez, why are you guys starting that high lol. The highest you should ever start is the speed you shift into second gear or a little higher imo. Dig Pille a new one! :beer:

Yup, go to my youtube channel at DVJ38er. I have a bunch of vids in "uploads" also click "playlists" then "my car" :beer:

I would say for racing people all the time yes, but gas mileage and cruising have to be awesome with those! :)

You got it man.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Nice runs guys. Cars sound great. I love my 4V but damn if I dont love a cammed 5.0 also lol. Oh well if I ever sell my cars it will be to get a 5.0 to tinker with.

Users who are viewing this thread