Video attempt.... it's sucks but watch it anyways. lol

Ratchet

Established Member
Got some footage the other day. It isn't great but my first try. I know what I need next time now to make a slightly better one. :nonono::D

[video=youtube;yAR3bLliR6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAR3bLliR6I[/video]

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
This is what I envision nearly all the driving is like for people on forums who obese about stock lap times.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Head on videos don't do much on highlighting what is special about your car, the wheels. Plus starting in a parking lot and ending in traffic don't make for an appealing video. Reminds me of my commute.

Good looking car though. I want to try my hand at video making. If you are going to add music then use an instrumental. Want people to focus on the car, not whether or not they like the genre of music.

grahamlight

Established Member
Really wished I wouldnt have opened that...seriously that is the worst hip hop I think I have ever heard...:mj:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I liked the video. Nice (first attempt) job with it IMO. The music? Not so much!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Really pretty good for a first attempt. I'm assuming you did it all with a GoPro or other action cam?

Here's my suggestions.

First, as it's been stated, no music. At least no music that you'd hear on the radio. You can use cinematic score to enhance aspects of your video. If you're sharing on YouTube, you should avoid anything you didn't personally create. Doing so won't allow you to monetize. If you don't have the means to create your own backing music, you can purchase royalty free music online for that specific use.

With action cams, you need to be really close. The first section of the video had great movement and you could see what was going on, because you were close. After that framing became an issue. If you don't have a camera with a zoom, just remember you want to be as close as possible. Your turn out slide for instance lacked the punch it would have had if you could actually see it happening up close.

For drive by footage, there's not much extra you can do without a camera with zoom, but in general you want to start wide, zoom in as the car approaches, follow it's arc past you and end wide. This creates a dramatic effect that helps to define the speed at which the vehicle is traveling.

Keep at i!

Ratchet

Established Member
Really pretty good for a first attempt. I'm assuming you did it all with a GoPro or other action cam?

Here's my suggestions.

First, as it's been stated, no music. At least no music that you'd hear on the radio. You can use cinematic score to enhance aspects of your video. If you're sharing on YouTube, you should avoid anything you didn't personally create. Doing so won't allow you to monetize. If you don't have the means to create your own backing music, you can purchase royalty free music online for that specific use.

With action cams, you need to be really close. The first section of the video had great movement and you could see what was going on, because you were close. After that framing became an issue. If you don't have a camera with a zoom, just remember you want to be as close as possible. Your turn out slide for instance lacked the punch it would have had if you could actually see it happening up close.

For drive by footage, there's not much extra you can do without a camera with zoom, but in general you want to start wide, zoom in as the car approaches, follow it's arc past you and end wide. This creates a dramatic effect that helps to define the speed at which the vehicle is traveling.

Keep at i!
Thanks for the tips man. Yeah most of that is what I saw to after seeing the footage. We were using my buddies camera on a tripod in the back of his pathfinder with the window down. Haha Couldn't turn it as I went by cause he was driving and there is no remote for it. If we get out again we'll figure it out.

As for the music..... it's just a song. Turn the volume down. Lol Some of these comments make me think there are some really old people in here. Haha. And hell I'm 41. It was more of a joke anyways, what was in the lyrics was the reason I used it. Basically to make fun of myself. Lol

laruei

Established Member
Really? You got AIDS from the song? Just because black people were singing it?
That's a weeeee bit racist.....

oh-lawd-help-this-thread.jpg

Prettttty sure he was joking......And I'm pretty sure if you know how to use a keyboard you're smarter then that comment..

Ratchet

Established Member
Alright... took the constructive criticism a bit and came up with this. But ran out of time to get some rolling vid again. So this will have to do for now. lol
[video=youtube;ajHZ4H1C1jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHZ4H1C1jw[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread