[Video] Blower shot or bad pulley bearings...or something else?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Thanks! I'm actually a little annoyed I couldn't get the IC a little cleaner. If you look closely you can see a tiny bit of oil on the fins. I'd get it clean and then as it would sit, gravity took over and any traces of oil would all run down to the bottom. Cleaned it like 3 times and could never get it 100%. Oh well, MUCH BETTER than before and its not like it would stay 100% clean anyways once it's back on the car.

And thanks for the PM offer. :beer:

Side Note: Went to Ford to get the new pulley and belt about an hour ago. Parts guy ordered the wrong pulley. New one will be in around 3. He says you have to buy the whole tesioner as they don't sell just the pulley that goes on it. :shrug:

He cut me a deal on it though, so it all worked out.

Now I just need to get my hands on a 14mm allen socket so I can get the lower pulley off. PepBoys biggest size was only a 10mm. Worst case I just use the old belt (it's not THAT bad) and find a socket wherever I can and then just replace the belt sometime in the very near future. Just sucks to take everything off again, but it's not the end of the world. I just need my car running asap and can't afford it to be down any longer.

i was waiting for the how to get lower pulley off..lol

you can get the pulleys at orieleys...ford themself do sell them but can never find the part number..its on svt ...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you ever need Ford parts call Steve @ Tousley because they sell their parts for 10% over stock. Trust me it'll save you a lot of money.

You can get a quote local and usually call Steve then order the part next-day-aired to you and it will probably still be a lot cheaper.

Steve 1-800-328-9552. If you ask for him he'll have your prices in a matter of seconds lol.

hotcobra03

Established Member
If you ever need Ford parts call Steve @ Tousley because they sell their parts for 10% over stock. Trust me it'll save you a lot of money.

You can get a quote local and usually call Steve then order the part next-day-aired to you and it will probably still be a lot cheaper.

Steve 1-800-328-9552. If you ask for him he'll have your prices in a matter of seconds lol.

just adding ,,if you use his link for parts,,still call to order..ive found his prices are less than whats listed sometimes

we ordered on his link,,he called before sending order,,,he saved us 200 bucks more on the same part by getting a kit not listed

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Thanks guys, I used him for the blower bolts and gaskets. I only got the pulley local because shipping from Steve in MN would have taken longer. My local Ford got the part within one day.

But yes, he does know his car parts! He was a big help when I was on the phone with him. :beer:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
what do you guys recommend for the 10 intercooler bolts? i read they should not be reused from the factory bolts when you do a swap! i dont want to break one off so im getting new ones.....advice?

Blueline

Established Member
what do you guys recommend for the 10 intercooler bolts? i read they should not be reused from the factory bolts when you do a swap! i dont want to break one off so im getting new ones.....advice?

Get new ones. You can also take one of the stock ones t othe hardware store and get a set of stainless allen head bolts instead.

vipergts281

Established Member

Call Steve at Tousley and get new ones.

Also, when removing them, I used an impact gun and they came right out. No issues whatsoever. A lot of people break them when trying to get them out. So if you can, use an impact gun.

vipergts281

Established Member
I added this to one of my posts on the last page, but so you don't have to go back and look for it...

Here is a shot with the front pullies off and the back tensioner pulley off and cleaned up a bit so you can see where it was rubbing.

DSC07400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread