VIDEO=Doc's GTO Vs. Modded 04 Cobra

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
This was a few quick runs after Bradenton. Cobra Bob couldn't run with us at the track so he wanted a shot at me afterwards. We usually don't play like this on the highway but we were limited and I don't see Bob that much. He has a 2004 Comp Orange Cobra that dynoed 489 rwhp and he can drive the $hit outta it! My car was ran with no spray, heatsoaked like a bitch with 126 IATs (at the strip all day) but did the job. Also, I had a trunk full of drag strip items, including a set of 05 rear mufflers, and my luggage . . .

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BHCwaEvq9M

All filming was done by TheBeast in his bolt-on 05 GTO.

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
Good kill and good vid! The Cobra hung in there pretty good for having 50 less HP. Both cars sounded very nice! It's good to see a video that isn't at night and you can actually tell what is going on.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
rk_2000_Z/28 said:
Good kill and good vid! The Cobra hung in there pretty good for having 50 less HP. Both cars sounded very nice! It's good to see a video that isn't at night and you can actually tell what is going on.

Bob hung with me in 2nd gear no problem. His cars a beast in the lower gears! It is when I hit third, that's were I started to pull him and into 4th.

zincyellow03

Banned
why those cars looked SLOW AS HELL? i know the GTO is a freaking 10 sec. car and cobra should be around very low 11s then.. but, why the cars looked very slow? i mean, when you guys were passing the other cars, u were like cruising..:shrug:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good kill man.. both badass cars.. the terminator is such a mean looking ride too.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
2006StangGT said:
why those cars looked SLOW AS HELL? i know the GTO is a freaking 10 sec. car and cobra should be around very low 11s then.. but, why the cars looked very slow? i mean, when you guys were passing the other cars, u were like cruising..:shrug:

The other traffic was cruising 75-80ish and we were starting at a 40 roll and most runs were done at 120ish. The chase car was a high 12 sec car so he wasn't falling behind to bad.

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
Good Kill! Nice looking GTO, I two think the Cobra Hung in very well for having less power.
One thing for certain! It cost you a hellva alot of coin to beat the cobra!!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
JoyRydn 03 said:
Good Kill! Nice looking GTO, I two think the Cobra Hung in very well for having less power.
One thing for certain! It cost you a hellva alot of coin to beat the cobra!!

I guess so. It took me $1800 to get my goat in the 11s from 13.50s and then another $3500 to get it into the 10s, but I changed out my main power adder from N2O to a supercharger. I could have spent less and gave it a bigger shot but I wanted that power all the time!

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Doc GTO said:
I guess so. It took me $1800 to get my goat in the 11s from 13.50s and then another $3500 to get it into the 10s, but I changed out my main power adder from N2O to a supercharger. I could have spent less and gave it a bigger shot but I wanted that power all the time!

Is all of that done on stock internals?.. I don't see anything showing stronger internals in your sig..

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:
Is all of that done on stock internals?.. I don't see anything showing stronger internals in your sig..

Stock bottom end. The LS1 has 6 bolt mains from the factory and with a safe tune can handle up to 650 rwhp.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
andress said:
good kill man. i was wondering what were u mods on the gto and cobra

My mods are in the sig in the top post. The Cobra has intake, exhaust, upper & lower pully, and a tune. His last dyno in the Florida summer was 489rwhp. He is adding a ported eaton soon. I will then spray on him :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread