[VIDEO] scraping noise from passenger side front

xkairos_hxc

Established Member
Hey all,

Hoping you may be able to help me identify this scraping noise.

If I'm traveling on a completely flat road the noise doesn't happen. It also happens less frequently at lower speeds. It doesn't sound rotational dependant so i don't think it's a wheel bearing. And i don't think it's the strut, but i supposeI could be wrong.

The faster i go and the more uneven the road the louder the noise. It's like a mix between scraping and creaking.

Here's the video. Not the best but i tried.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have you looked at the wheel well plastic.

I have a hole just in front of the wheel caused from rubbing.

xkairos_hxc

Established Member
Have you looked at the wheel well plastic.

I have a hole just in front of the wheel caused from rubbing.

Thanks for the reply.

And Yeah I've looked. I just swapped out the brakes and nothing looked out of the ordinary. It's not rubbing.

I forgot to mention in the original post when i turn the wheel sometimes it'll make the same creaking when I'm stopped or a clicking sound.

xkairos_hxc

Established Member
Creek may be rack bushing when sitting

What about the strut boot. Any wear?

I'll have to get it up on jackstands again. I was having an issue with my ebrake so right now it's disconnected.

If I leave it in gear, so it doesn't roll will that lock just my rear wheels? So I cant spin the fronts freely?

I don't know alot about suspension components. I can tear down a motor, change brakes, and fix pretty much everything else on a car.
But I've never worked on the suspension of before which is why I came here to ask. So I'll start with the strut boot. Any other bushings, or specific components to look at?

Users who are viewing this thread