vinyl wrap questions

rmurer

Established Member
I know that from place to place the prices are different but does anyone have a general idea what it costs to completely wrap a car?

Also when it comes to a drastic change like this in appearance does the car have to be re-registered? Since it wont be the original color anymore?

and if you're from michigan anyone know of a good place that does wrapping?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I've been told the price is comparable to having the car painted. About 4-6k. Registration would not have to be changed.

pretty close

generally around ~3k for coupes / sedans and 5k+ for SUV's/trucks

I was quoted 5500+ for my tahoe which I thought was retarded. I ended up doing it myself and all it cost was 500 for materials and the rest was my own labor.

and I do not believe you have to re-register the car a certain color because you can typically show the color underneath if you check the door jams.. And unless you want to pay out the ass for them to fully wrap your car (door jams and whatnot) then I doubt you will have an issue if a cop pulls you over and questions you about the color.

and if you are completely having the color of your car redone (example, black to white) then you will definitely want to pay for a quality wrap job. Lighter colors can be a bitch to wrap, any small imperfection / stretch mark can be seen and sometimes the original color of the car can bleed through depending on what kind of material is used.

Just some things to think about.

Last edited:

101blur

Established Member
There are lot of things that come into play when pricing a wrap. Material being the most important. Some colors and manufactures are very expensive compared to others. Also another thing to consider is if you want things like door jams and trunk jams wrapped so it seems like a complete color change. I do vehicle graphics and wraps for a living I would charge 3-4k to wrap a complete mustang with good material ( 3m , oracle, Avery )

You maybe able to save some money by prepping the vehicle for the shop by removing tail lights, headlights, mirrors door handles, and antenna, grills things of this matter that are not getting wrapped but you should make sure with the shop that u are doing so to see what you would save in cost. For me I would probably take off 150-200$ for this. Hope this helps

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Depends on the brand that you use and the shops labor rate as well. Most wraps I see including my own will run between $2500-$4000

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Wraps can be awesome, but for that high of price I'd rather by a blower

Users who are viewing this thread