Viper ACR runs 7:01 at the Nurgurbring

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Agreed! The Ring is a great place for testing. When does the US build a track of the same caliber? I know it's full of great tracks right now but something comparable to Nurburgring.

There's supposed to be a huge track being built in Vegas or nearby. I think they are making it bigger than the Nurburgring but I don't know all the details.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No it's not. It's the truth, 7:01 is not good enough. Every time I see someone start to explain why they lost, others scream out, excuses, quit making excuses for losing. I see people on this forum say the same thing. Suddenly, people want to offer up reasons why the ACR did so poorly and it's OK? When is it OK to give reasons why you/someone lost and when it is not OK to give reasons why you/someone lost? The rules seem very arbitrary. Coaches say it all the time, I'm not going to make any excuses, we lost.

lol

Hardly even worth a response.

If I hired you to manage a baseball team, and gave you $100k to sign the best players you could, then we played against a team that had a $10mil budget...would you consider losing by a few runs a total loss?

OR what if we outfitted the team with cleats that would wear out after they ran to 1st base?

Lastly, "poorly"? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No it's not. It's the truth, 7:01 is not good enough. Every time I see someone start to explain why they lost, others scream out, excuses, quit making excuses for losing. I see people on this forum say the same thing. Suddenly, people want to offer up reasons why the ACR did so poorly and it's OK? When is it OK to give reasons why you/someone lost and when it is not OK to give reasons why you/someone lost? The rules seem very arbitrary. Coaches say it all the time, I'm not going to make any excuses, we lost.

7:01. Not good? Compared to what?

The zr1 time?
C7Z time?
GM took their best non stick non oem cars their with hundreds of dry laps on a closed course and could not come close!
Compared to a 1.5 million dollar Porsche?
Depending on the day it's within striking distance just based on track variables to be dead even with this super car time. Without the millions spent just on non oem tuning for this track.

This time blasted anything else out there and did it showroom stock. Damn impressive if you ask me!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I agree with you in that, some are tossing out excuses for the viper but... and a big but, with that said.....

7:01 is an UNBELIEVABLE time. In NO way, can that be considered a loss. Especially when you consider the caliber of cars running in that ball park.

Your logic is POTATO.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

The zr1 time?
C7Z time?
GM took their best non stick non oem cars their with hundreds of dry laps on a closed course and could not come close!
Depending on the day it's within striking distance just based on track variables to be dead even with this super car time. Without the millions spent just on non oem tuning for this track.

This time blasted anything else out there and did it showroom stock. Damn impressive if you ask me!

Somehow, GM cars always make it inside your head. This isnt even a GM thread, yet you still continue to try an shit on them. Lol..

GM living rent free, in your head... lol

blk02edge

Established Member
When going for the maximum capability there is nothing wrong with excuses if they are easily proven how and what went wrong. If the car is capable of more then it is. Those "excuses" just pinpoint what still needs to be addressed to hit that max potential. Totally fine in this situation and anyone with half a brain knows this car can easily get into the 6's

scn

Established Member

The zr1 time?
C7Z time?

Not that I'm a huge Ring time fan, but please tell me what the new ZR1 (GMs most comparable model vs the ACR) did?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not that I'm a huge Ring time fan, but please tell me what the new ZR1 (GMs most comparable model vs the ACR) did?
7:19 according to laptimes on wiki.

Remember, they also repaved a section of the track so it will be a bit faster for new cars that run on it.

scn

Established Member
7:19 according to laptimes on wiki.

Remember, they also repaved a section of the track so it will be a bit faster for new cars that run on it.
The C7Z06 has independently run a 7:13. I'm not talking the C6ZR1. The upcoming winged Vette is under the 7min mark (so I've been told ;) ).
As for the repaved track, conditions are always changing. If you foolishly live by the Ring marketing, you're going to get burned by it too. Way too many variables for my liking. What Dodge did with this last gen ACR launch (the multiple track records) was far more impressive than any Ring time.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The C7Z06 has independently run a 7:13. I'm not talking the C6ZR1. The upcoming winged Vette is under the 7min mark (so I've been told ;) ).
As for the repaved track, conditions are always changing. If you foolishly live by the Ring marketing, you're going to get burned by it too. Way too many variables for my liking. What Dodge did with this last gen ACR launch (the multiple track records) was far more impressive than any Ring time.
I'm not one that buys into lap times at the Ring. I was just saying that so people know it's not apples to apples. It never is out there and this car is a good example.

I'll say it now, the new ZR1 or whatever GM decides to call it will still have it's hand very full against the lap times of the ACR at other tracks.

snakecharmer

Established Member
A 7:01 gets mad respect in my book. The list of cars that can outdo that on the ring is a very small list.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

What did it do? Don't vehicle have to be near completion to be counted?

What did the 2033 GT3 do? Yes the 2017 is slow because it can't outrun cars that have not been created yet.

scn

Established Member
What did it do? Don't vehicle have to be near completion to be counted?

What did the 2033 GT3 do? Yes the 2017 is slow because it can't outrun cars that have not been created yet.
The car is in near production form and won't lose much, if any, time. You are the one who wanted to point out the C6ZR1 as "direct" competition to the ACR. When the ZR1 ran its time, was the ACR out?
Your hate is strong and your logic is lolz.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What has the 19 zr1 run? I'm dying to know since you know so much. Times at other tracks would be great too.

As you may or may not know I give very little credence to manufacturer timed test. They have a habit of not providing an oem tuned vehicle to make their times look better.

When an independent test from a 19 zr1 comes about I'll be happy to compare. Until then the ACR is still king!

scn

Established Member
What has the 19 zr1 run? I'm dying to know since you know so much. Times at other tracks would be great too.

As you may or may not know I give very little credence to manufacturer timed test. They have a habit of not providing an oem tuned vehicle to make their times look better.

When an independent test from a 19 zr1 comes about I'll be happy to compare. Until then the ACR is still king!
Why exactly would I tell you what data I've seen? What's the benefit? So you can go say GM is fudging numbers and I put someone's job at risk? Right......
The new Vette has the ACR covered on many tracks. The only question is whether they can keep the exhaust quiet enough to run those courses wide open.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
GM always tunes non oem that's a given. However we could see how it compares to the z06 or the last zr1.
Mainly because I don't believe you have any data.

The only one I trust with inside gm info does not much anymore.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
GM always tunes non oem that's a given. However we could see how it compares to the z06 or the last zr1.

I'm sure thePill knows.

scn

Established Member

Oh man.....
On D Bitter doesn't believe me. I'm going to take a break and re-evaluate my life. This is truely a crushing blow.

Users who are viewing this thread