Viper or GT????

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
GT=prestige and a rich racing heritage...It did in Lemans what no one ever thought possible in that time.Dethrown the unstoppable Ferrari......nuff said....

Now and original GT40 I would like to have, now that is a true classic!

Last edited:

Chevykiller

Established Member
IS THAT WHAT COUNTRY WE ARE IN TRUE BLUE? THANKS I DIDNT KNOW THAT, I APPRECIATE YOU INFORMING US ALL. BUT ANYWAYS ANYTHING YOU SAY HAS PROVEN TO GET A LOT OF BAD RESPONSES TO YOU, SO MY SUGGESTION IS THAT YOU GO ON A MOPAR SITE. JUST THINK THEN YOU COULD BE CALLED TRUE ORANGE.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by MMAZZA
IS THAT WHAT COUNTRY WE ARE IN TRUE BLUE? THANKS I DIDNT KNOW THAT, I APPRECIATE YOU INFORMING US ALL. BUT ANYWAYS ANYTHING YOU SAY HAS PROVEN TO GET A LOT OF BAD RESPONSES TO YOU, SO MY SUGGESTION IS THAT YOU GO ON A MOPAR SITE. JUST THINK THEN YOU COULD BE CALLED TRUE ORANGE.

Anything I say?, really it has?...:rollseyes Anyway I was informing you not "us". You seem to be taking it personal. Just relax man relax, everything will be ok. This is not the end of the world.

Anyway, did anyone see Autoweek? It was a special episode featuring SVT and the history of the GT-40, it was a cool episode.

Last edited:

genus5033

Established Member
Does anybody else think Ford is prepping to go racing with the GT???? Noticed at the Daytona Rolex race Ford's entry placed first in the DP class with what appears to be the Cobra's engine minus the supercharger. The Viper R's and the Ferrari 360/550's are already battling it out in the GT classes both here and Europe. I can't help but to think there's a Ford GT about to show up at Le Mans this year or next.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by genus5033
Does anybody else think Ford is prepping to go racing with the GT???? Noticed at the Daytona Rolex race Ford's entry placed first in the DP class with what appears to be the Cobra's engine minus the supercharger. The Viper R's and the Ferrari 360/550's are already battling it out in the GT classes both here and Europe. I can't help but to think there's a Ford GT about to show up at Le Mans this year or next.

Well then it better end up being more than a limited production car if they plan on running it at le manz.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I was at the Chicago Auto Show today, and I saw the Ford GT. It is really something special. It was the last vehicle that I saw; Before I saw the Ford GT, I had seen other sports cars and exotics, and believe me, IMO the beauty of the Ford GT was equal to any and all of them. The spokeswoman said the Ford GT would do 0-60 in 3.9 sec. and a top speed of 210 mph. Let's hope she's right. Production figures were something like 700 next year and 1000 in '05. If I had the cash and had the opportunity to buy one, I'd buy it for sure. And if I had the cash it cost me to send my daughter to University, I could buy one!

Last edited:

inVision

Established Member
I would not get the first batch I would wait for the '05s or even wait to see if there will be any in 06 first.

Evilcartman

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
Not to sound like an ass but you would still be driving a Mustang. There was an argument in the kill section with this guy and a 350-400HP Sentra! You see what i'm getting at. Sentra - Mustang (so what if it's faster it's still a Sentra). Mustang - Viper (Modded faster but still a Mustang although not nearly as bad as a Sentra).

I didn't clarify my post. I meant put a chip and pulley on the GT, not the Cobra. I already did that to my car. And yes, my Cobra is "really" a Mustang, but that's fine. Because I can't afford a Viper or the GT. Both of them are still Dodges and Fords, not some high dollar automaker overseas.

Besides, the new Viper looks like a Maita on steriods. The old ones looked so much better. They just need the new powertrain of the '03.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Evilcartman
Because I can't afford a Viper or the GT. Both of them are still Dodges and Fords, not some high dollar automaker overseas.

Besides, the new Viper looks like a Maita on steriods. The old ones looked so much better. They just need the new powertrain of the '03.

I know what you mean I cannot afford them either..:gt:

I thought that the Viper somewhat resembled a Miata but after seeing an '03 in person....:thumbsup: it looks much better than the old, IMO.

inVision

Established Member
Yeah the 03 Viper looks much better in person.

The Gen. II Vipers were bad ass too, I love that look. I had the opportunity to cruise along with one on the freeway last night with my Z06, yes I'm a bad!! bad!! boy we were up in the 100's like it was no thing. Anyways it was a beautiful machine to watch from any angle. By the way I did test drive one before I got my Z06 and, I really think, nothing is gonna have that same crap in your pants torque that the Viper has from even the touch of the pedal. The whole time I was so careful with that clutch because it felt like if I dropped it even a little too hard the tires would go up in smoke and I would be doing donuts on a public road. That's what displacement is all about. And, it may not share any parts with the truck, but it does sound like the truck from the inside when at idle. I didn't mind that part, that thing was mean! To be honest, I chose the Z06 after the test drive because I was quite intimidated by the Viper. Now, the Z06 is almost too easy to drive, and I don't think I would mind driving a Viper at all. (Oh yeah, and the 2000 Cobra R is not as hard to drive as the Viper, but can bite you just as bad)

EVERYONE, including Viper owners, respects the GT40/Ford GT!! Come on now, we are talking about the kind of heritage that makes everyone bow down. If money is no object, I choose GT! I am a bit concerned with the power reliability of the supercharger under hot track conditions, but I hope for over $130K that is not an issue.

Mike

2000-S6

Established Member
i'm happy ford is producing the gt! as far as the looks...i am on the fence, considering the old gt-40's were bad-a**, but i did not like the looks of those either.
not to start any flames, but in my opinion, a car should be judged by the company it shares (cars that are in the same $ range). that said, i dont believe in comparing the gt to the mighty vipers and z06's, unless the gt's msrp is in the 55k-80k range, which i highly doubt.
let's face it, gm and chrysler solved an operations/budgeting/marketing challenge building a factory stock "supercar for the masses". they are not selling vipers and z06's for 100+k.
ford did not achieve this yet. however, as successful as svt has been recently, i believe they will.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I hope its competitive though in the same classes the viper and vette are in le manz. Thats what im excited about seeing.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
The rumor mill- had something about a possible v10, or v12, for racing duties. Something like a supercharged engine might not be allowed- oh and Ford's already got possible big engines-ya got the 427 v10, and then the Aston Martin's Vanquish, v12. And for however said with the money I saved i could buy a supercharger blow the GT away and still be cheaper- geeze its like -the 03 cobras got a supercharger-If I had a supercharger I'd be faster syndrome all over again. Were comparing stock for stock- If you like you're Viper-good its a bad ass piece- Chevy has the Z06 and the next one is supposed to be a true monster. Ford needs the new Gt. If it costs a few more who cares -really I mean who cares-I wouldn't not buy a Viper because I worried about droppin 80k, I also wouldn't not buy a Gt, or a Lambo, Ferrari, Porche, you name it-- because I worried about the price tag. A viper is all about 2 things, performance and IMAGE- and thats what the GT is performance and IMAGE. Price matters not -if we were talkin about the most value or the most reasonable we wouldn't be talkin about a pair of 500Hp AMERICAN SUPERCARS. There will now be 3 american supercars- the S7, the Viper and the Gt. Drivers make your choices.

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
I'll take a Lingenfelter Z0-6, just a plain looking Vette, until that crappy ricer thing pulls up next to you, then you slap your seat belt on and hang on cause you'll be pushing 1 g. Not saying I'm Chevy fan, but I do like the sleeper thing that the Lingenfelter Vette that does 0-60 mph in 1.97 seconds.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Not on street tires it doesn't. Not really a sleeper if ya got 10ft wide hoosier gummies-just to get the car to hook. Really anything more than 500-600rwhp is just tire smoke on the street(on street tires).

inVision

Established Member
Vettes are nice in that you could have a 500 HP beast and blend in with the rest of traffic. But I would say a lot of people who can afford a $100K + sports car don't want to blend in.

Users who are viewing this thread