Virginia Beach area recommendations

raustin0017

Established Member
Does anyone have any recommendations on who you would trust to work on my 14 GT500 in the Virginia Beach / Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA area?
Issue seems to be a fuel problem?
Backstory: Mods are in sig. Car was 100% perfect but have never data logged and thought I would see what all the fuss is about. Data log was accomplished and file was sent to Lund for review. Was told she was a little rich and they sent me a new tune. Loaded that tune up and that is when she started missing/backfiring. Drove 100% normal until I pressed the go pedal and got into boost. Soon as it hits boost...starts missing/backfiring.

Have retuned her to the last tune but for some reason the issue is still there. She runs perfect until you get into boost and the problems start.

Lund is telling me there is a fuel problem now.

What I have learned so far....if it ain't broke...don't screw with it. She was running perfect now I'm just frustrated.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Does anyone have any recommendations on who you would trust to work on my 14 GT500 in the Virginia Beach / Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA area?
Issue seems to be a fuel problem?
Backstory: Mods are in sig. Car was 100% perfect but have never data logged and thought I would see what all the fuss is about. Data log was accomplished and file was sent to Lund for review. Was told she was a little rich and they sent me a new tune. Loaded that tune up and that is when she started missing/backfiring. Drove 100% normal until I pressed the go pedal and got into boost. Soon as it hits boost...starts missing/backfiring.

Have retuned her to the last tune but for some reason the issue is still there. She runs perfect until you get into boost and the problems start.

Lund is telling me there is a fuel problem now.

What I have learned so far....if it ain't broke...don't screw with it. She was running perfect now I'm just frustrated.
NOTHING stinks like an “upgrade” or retune, etc., that creates a problem. Sometimes it is coincidence. But I have been through that too often in other muscle cars. Makes me wish I had left well enough alone too. I had a 2017 mustang GT that I had supercharged and all supporting mods. Every tuner that touched it created a new problem to fix... It was a beast of a ride while smooth and fast, but even Kurgan’s could not find out the tuning issue. I always say I am not going to screw with my new rides, but for the love of speed and power I always do. You guys get it... Its like a drug once you start! Hope you figure it out OP. Let us know what you do find.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
if your willing to drive a little to northern VA and drop it off with Chris @ Excessive Motorsports he can get you squared away and do just about anything to your car. I know some people on here have bashed him but I know him personally and he knows his shit and has been the only person to touch my car I daily it with a good amount of mods running 93 0! ZERO issues with my car ever just oil, spark plugs and gas thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread