Vmp 2.65r

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
That is a good number on 93 and on crap weather. Any plans on going to E85? I'd be curious to see how much the power you'd make... who is your tuner?
I do have plans for E85 once I move to Vegas. There just was not any E85 options on the Florida Panhandle. My tuner/builder is XXX Motorsports. I will also be going to an aluminum 5.3 big bore, ported heads, custom cams, new intercooler brick, T-56 Magnum XL and a few other things.

IllCobra

Established Member
I do have plans for E85 once I move to Vegas. There just was not any E85 options on the Florida Panhandle. My tuner/builder is XXX Motorsports. I will also be going to an aluminum 5.3 big bore, ported heads, custom cams, new intercooler brick, T-56 Magnum XL and a few other things.
Oh dang! Are you going to sell your stock motor?
But why the XL Magnum? Isn't the non XL Magnum the one that will fit the Cobras? I thought the XL was for the coyote/shelby platforms?

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Oh dang! Are you going to sell your stock motor?
But why the XL Magnum? Isn't the non XL Magnum the one that will fit the Cobras? I thought the XL was for the coyote/shelby platforms?
I have DC heads so I will port my current heads and put them on the new motor. The stock short block will probably be saved or maybe sold. My apologies yes, I meant magnum and not the xl. I have my eye on the level VII unit from RPM transmissions. Some say over kill but I prefer to over do it and never have to worry again about it.

IllCobra

Established Member
I have DC heads so I will port my current heads and put them on the new motor. The stock short block will probably be saved or maybe sold. My apologies yes, I meant magnum and not the xl. I have my eye on the level VII unit from RPM transmissions. Some say over kill but I prefer to over do it and never have to worry again about it.
Damn, that is going to be one beefy trans. Best of luck on your build

DCguy

Established Member

Check out the upgraded Magnum on Liberty Gears website......basically the same upgrades but $500 cheaper.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Check out the upgraded Magnum on Liberty Gears website......basically the same upgrades but $500 cheaper.
I saw their trans but I ran RPM trans and diff in my 1k rwhp z06 and it was amazing. So I they got my business for the Cobra.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Damn, that is going to be one beefy trans. Best of luck on your build
I appreciate! Sadly I will not be able to do anything to the car /update the build threat for a bit because I'm down range until next October. Currently debating on starting on the interior, or suspension first before I do the engine and trans. In short the whole car will come apart before its all said and done. All parts will get refinished or replaced.

DCguy

Established Member
I appreciate! Sadly I will not be able to do anything to the car /update the build threat for a bit because I'm down range until next October. Currently debating on starting on the interior, or suspension first before I do the engine and trans. In short the whole car will come apart before its all said and done. All parts will get refinished or replaced.

Same way I went down the rabbit hole - pulled the motor just for a refresh and head studs and ended up stripping the car down completely to bare shell and starting from scratch.....do it once. Its slow progress, but mostly because everything is so backed up....took 5 months to get a driveshaft from DSS, my heads have been at the machine shop for 4 months, 5 months to get a K-member, etc

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Same way I went down the rabbit hole - pulled the motor just for a refresh and head studs and ended up stripping the car down completely to bare shell and starting from scratch.....do it once. Its slow progress, but mostly because everything is so backed up....took 5 months to get a driveshaft from DSS, my heads have been at the machine shop for 4 months, 5 months to get a K-member, etc
Oh dang! Maybe I should order things as I go and hoard parts before starting the build.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I saw their trans but I ran RPM trans and diff in my 1k rwhp z06 and it was amazing. So I they got my business for the Cobra.
Rodney and the guys at RPM know their shit. Lucky enough to have friends who have sent him so much work that they know him at this point. They will be the shop I use and have used for my Trans needs. Friend has a nice magnum that has a lot of work from them. He has been 8.3x's now in a 3400lb car. Tranny hasn't skipped a beat. They built my old T56, his Magnum, 3650, and the tranny on his C5Z06.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Rodney and the guys at RPM know their shit. Lucky enough to have friends who have sent him so much work that they know him at this point. They will be the shop I use and have used for my Trans needs. Friend has a nice magnum that has a lot of work from them. He has been 8.3x's now in a 3400lb car. Tranny hasn't skipped a beat. They built my old T56, his Magnum, 3650, and the tranny on his C5Z06.
I loved my stage V TR6060, and stage V diff in my Z06. It may be a bit down on the list of my priorities since I just did a the VMP, fuel system, full exhaust, clutch, flywheel, and lots of other small things on the engine side. I'm leaning towards interior next to get the feel I am looking for while driving. On my new setup I gotta say one of my favorite parts is the RXT and MGW race handle.

4BrookeRanch

Established Member
Need some advice first time posting on here. I currently own a 2003 cobra with a VMP Gen2 2.3 considering purchasing their new 2.65 R. Has anybody made a switch like this and was it worth it and how much power did they pick up and If any I’d greatly appreciate any feedback thank you
Are you interested in selling the 2.3 and your fuel setup?

Users who are viewing this thread