VMP Gen 2 TVS Carb certification testing (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
this is the best news i have heard in a while. i have been wanting a vmp tvs for my terminator for a while, but after a recent smog ticket that forced me to go to a state bar referee, i cant even think about buying anything for my street driven car that doesn't have a carb executive order. keeping my fingers crossed. can't wait to hear the results! :beer:
It truly is! Saw earlier this month that they sell the Gen 2 for the 03/04 Cobra with the EGR spacer. That visual inspection should be no problem anymore for Cali :banana:

Many people dont like the new Smog system but I do LOL in and out in under 10 min. No need to exchange my X-pipe to the stock H-pipe anymore, no issues either with having a different engine :rockon:

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
I'm curious how many mph you pick up in the half mile after going to the Gen2 and 67mm

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Just a quick update folks...My car has been back from the SEMA garage for a while. However, VMP still needs to go through the process with a few other cars and then submit the data for certification.

I can't wait to see the power gains reflected on the dragstrip either. I do have to say that my boost gauge is registering 18lbs where it used to register 19lbs. I wonder if this is due to the efficiency of the blower or not...I need to get on the dyno once I get the chance.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Last I checked in with them, they are still working on it. They are getting data from Mustang 5.0s and F150 5.0s as well. I am hoping sometime early next year because I will be up for a SMOG check at that time.

weebz69

Established Member
Any updates on this, I just bought a VMP Gen II-R kit for my 2015 5.0 and want to move to cali I'm in arizona right now are emissions here are a joke

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
don't hold your breath..

VMP wont even sell parts to anyone with a Ca billing or shipping address.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Any updates on this, I just bought a VMP Gen II-R kit for my 2015 5.0 and want to move to cali I'm in arizona right now are emissions here are a joke
Your best bet would be to sell the 5.0 and buy one in cali brand new. Hell they may have a left over 16 or left over 17 at the end of the year since 18s should be coming in November.

No smog On my a newly purchased cars for 6 years.

weebz69

Established Member
Well it is a 2015 so 2021 I would be alright, Id just say f*ck it and just keep it registered in arizona, I knew I should of went with whipple damn it, I just like the E85 ready

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
if you have the ability to keep it tagged in Az.. you need to absolutely do that.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So im guessing vmp did not follow through and there is no carb # legal for Ca

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
CARB seems so useless to me.

Out of 10,000 people, how many mod their car?.. What difference (at this point) does it make?

Once again government bullying people that they can bully.

Make a car enthusiast bend over backwards to meet some Nancy standard, but let homeless people pitch tents on the sidewalks and poop anywhere.

So glad I do not live in Cali.

E

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The point of me referencing this thread was that maybe the original TVS from the 5.8 trinity is legal. Im sure someone with a gt500 pre 2012 has done this swap and got smogged. But then again the guy working the smog station can be an idiot so who knows.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The point of me referencing this thread was that maybe the original TVS from the 5.8 trinity is legal. Im sure someone with a gt500 pre 2012 has done this swap and got smogged. But then again the guy working the smog station can be an idiot so who knows.

It would have been able to get a carb # if ford had made a kit that had a tune that was carb certified. But since ford never did thats why technically its not carb legal. But would have no issue passing the smog test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread