VMP Gen 3 R 14 GT500 93 Octane and Boostane Results

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
So I recently installed a VMP 2.65L Gen 3 R on my 2014 GT500. I switched from the stock 2.3L TVS supercharger. Thanks to Justin Starkey from VMP Performance for installing and tuning the car. It picked up a lot of power and torque same day over the trinity in 95 degree heat and very high humidity.

The trinity had a pretty low baseline this day at 658rwhp and 690rwt. But the heat and humidity was high. After swapping the Gen 3 R on with the 2.6 Pulley, same 93 octane, and same timing (15.5*) it made 739rwhp and 779rwt.

We then added some boostane and Justin added a little timing and the car made 797rwhp 779rwt.

I am very happy with the results! I have a video below which includes some install tips and the dyno videos.

2014 GT500 Setup:
VMP Gen 3 R
2.6" Pulley
VMP Twin Jet 67mm Throttle body
JLT 123mm cold air intake
VMP Fuel Pump Boosters
FIC1000cc Injectors
LTH 1 7/8" Longtube Headers, LTH 3" X-Pipe, LTH 3" Catback and Mufflers

andrew trinity vs gen3r.png

Attachments

• gt500.jpg
    gt500.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 284

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So bad ass Andrew. The VMP Gen 3R flows a lot of air.
Car looks and sounds killer. Enjoy brother.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You picked up some crazy power Andrew, I'm curious how much power I would pick going from the Gen3 to the Gen3R.

What rpm are you shifting at ?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Details please: Resulting octane, but most importantly, how much more timing? From what to what?
I think they said they were around 15 degrees with the Trinity TVS and they finished with almost 18-19 degrees with the Gen3R.

SteveWK

Established Member
How much Boostane did you add and how many gallons were in the car? If you could get the logs files with and without Boostane from VMP and post them here, that would be awesome. Also, the ML10 Boostane discount code you posted in your video did not work on Boostane's website.

Thanks,
Steve

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
How much Boostane did you add and how many gallons were in the car? If you could get the logs files with and without Boostane from VMP and post them here, that would be awesome. Also, the ML10 Boostane discount code you posted in your video did not work on Boostane's website.

Thanks,
Steve

I had a half tank and added half the can of Boostane.

I think they said they were around 15 degrees with the Trinity TVS and they finished with almost 18-19 degrees with the Gen3R.

The trinity was 15.5 degrees of timing on the initial pull. The car made 739rwhp and 779RWT with the Gen 3 R on pump gas with same timing and the 2.6 pulley. We added boostane and timing and it made 797rwhp

Details please: Resulting octane, but most importantly, how much more timing? From what to what?

The details are in the video coming directly from Justin. As well as above.
You picked up some crazy power Andrew, I'm curious how much power I would pick going from the Gen3 to the Gen3R.

What rpm are you shifting at ?

6500 ish. Trying to shift a bit lower.

So bad ass Andrew. The VMP Gen 3R flows a lot of air.
Car looks and sounds killer. Enjoy brother.

Thanks man!

RBB

Established Member
And this is just the start for the car. I have L&M Cams, Mantic Twin Disk Clutch, and MGW ready to go in. I have also been considering doing a short block build before I make a nice window in my 5.8. I heard flex seal might not fix that.
If you race that car at all and/or wring it out at high RPMs regularly, I’d think twice before adding those cams. That’ll put you well over 800HP....not sure if I’d trust those rods driving it hard at that power level.

The stock OPGs are another issue as well. A few guys here have had those go on them when racing at less HP than you’re making. If you're just looking to make a dyno # for your channel then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
And this is just the start for the car. I have L&M Cams, Mantic Twin Disk Clutch, and MGW ready to go in. I have also been considering doing a short block build before I make a nice window in my 5.8. I heard flex seal might not fix that.
As long as you don't over rev the engine you should be good. Lucky for you VMP is right were you live and Justin is extremely helpful and knows GT500s very well. So I'm sure he'll keep you going in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread