VMP GEN II-R IS HERE! Mothers, hide your Whipple 2.9's. Something wicked is here.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
1. It has a significantly enlarged air chamber compared to the GEN II.
2. The mouth of the inlet is, mmmm, open. A lot.
3. Still a 2.3L Eaton TVS rotorpack.
4. We took everything we learned from our own porting as well as the work of others (Jimmy Larocca,1320, BPS and more) and baked it in.
5. Capable of supporting 1,000+ HP
6. EGR still there but you'd never know it from the inside. NO restrictions.
7. Airflow to the inboard rotor couldn't be better unless you cut a big hole in case. True symmetrical fill!

This graph is of my 2007 GT500 with 65,000 miles on the stock long block. Factory everything inside, all the way down to the oil.

Price is $3299.00 (No there is not a case swap option nor will there be) BJGen2R-854rwhp.jpggen2rcropped.jpggen2r 70 pct.jpg

The blower will make it's national debut today (Tue) here in Vegas on the main stage at Ford in our 2017 Mustang GT SEMA build.
This is the 5.0L Coyote variant and will only be available in Stage 3 of the 5.oL kits TFN. That same kit will also include our new Twin Jet 72mm throttle body that nobody is supposed to know about. More on that later.

Anyway, let's see if this forum will post some bigass pictures. Hey, guess which blower is the GEN II and which is the VMP GEN II-R

If you have any questions, I'm at SEMA and definitely will not see PM's here. Use the customer service portal on the website at VMPPERFORMANCE.COM

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Correction factor used? Twin 72 for this pull? What size upper pulley was used?
Thanks, badass looking inlet.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@ VMP, will the warranty be intact if we need to drill and tap for water/methanol injection nozzles?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
@ VMP, will the warranty be intact if we need to drill and tap for water/methanol injection nozzles?

No, because we have no idea of what kind of metal pieces you may be introducing into the case. Why not put it in the intake?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I think lots of people with terminators would like these too.

The current Terminator VMP TVS is the latest incarnation of our supercharger. The primary issue with Cobra application is that everyone has a different idea of what they want to use for intake, throttle body, etc. and necessitates offering a variety of inlet elbows to accommodate them.

IF the Terminator community would embrace a single (or even two) style, we would be able to bring more of what the other applications bring to their market. That said, the latest version of the Cobra VMP TVS flows like crazy and drivers like Rick Kaknes and others pilot their cars into the mid 9's on it.

bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Correction factor used? Twin 72 for this pull? What size upper pulley was used?
Thanks, badass looking inlet.

We used the upcoming VMP Twin Jet 72 as well as Ford mono, Whipple elliptical, Twin Jet 67 and others while we in development. I'd have to go back and look but it would be the VMP Twin Jet 72 or the elliptical. The elliptical didn't flow quite as well as one would expect. The Twin Jet 72 is a monster. Full data will be released on it very soon.

bj

65fastback289

Established Member
The current Terminator VMP TVS is the latest incarnation of our supercharger. The primary issue with Cobra application is that everyone has a different idea of what they want to use for intake, throttle body, etc. and necessitates offering a variety of inlet elbows to accommodate them.

IF the Terminator community would embrace a single (or even two) style, we would be able to bring more of what the other applications bring to their market. That said, the latest version of the Cobra VMP TVS flows like crazy and drivers like Rick Kaknes and others pilot their cars into the mid 9's on it.

bj

any thoughts on keeping the existing inlet options for the terminators and just increase the case and rotor size?
a lot of terminator guys make their decision now between the 2.3 tvs and the 2.9 whipple. if you could offer another size, you might just steal whipple's thunder.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
any thoughts on keeping the existing inlet options for the terminators and just increase the case and rotor size?
a lot of terminator guys make their decision now between the 2.3 tvs and the 2.9 whipple. if you could offer another size, you might just steal whipple's thunder.
It would be a complete rebuild from the ground up. Will it happen? Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
It would be a complete rebuild from the ground up. Will it happen? Maybe.

65fastback289 is right on the money. I picked up my terminator 3 months ago and would like to swap the blower on it about this time next year, if not then the following year. I have been only lookin between VMP 2.3 and Whipple 2.9 crusher setups. I am set on your guys' blower for the most part, but if you guys made a bigger blower based of the just introduced R2650 rotor pack I'd be completely sold on it!!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The 2.3 as it sits is all the competition Whipple can handle.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
We used the upcoming VMP Twin Jet 72 as well as Ford mono, Whipple elliptical, Twin Jet 67 and others while we in development. I'd have to go back and look but it would be the VMP Twin Jet 72 or the elliptical. The elliptical didn't flow quite as well as one would expect. The Twin Jet 72 is a monster. Full data will be released on it very soon.

bj

Any new info on it?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The forums have been unavailable to us for a few days. I do not have all the competitive flow data yet. I know where we are and what power we make but want it all before we release. The 72 is on sale through Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread